July 13th, 2012

Mississippi clinic can continue performing abortions, judge rules

Doctors at Mississippi's sole abortion clinic are allowed to continue performing the procedure, even if they do not have admitting and staff privileges at an area hospital, as required by a new state law, a federal judge ruled Friday.

But state officials can begin an administrative process that could ultimately lead to the closing of the clinic, said U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III.

The law took effect July 1 and requires all abortion providers in Mississippi to be certified obstetrician/gynecologists with privileges at local hospitals. Doctors at Jackson Women's Health Organization, the only abortion provider in the state, come in from other states, and only one of its doctors is authorized to practice at a nearby hospital.

Supporters of the new law say it is intended to protect women from unscrupulous practitioners, but others say it's part of a move to outlaw abortions in the state.

Post by:
Filed under: Abortion • Mississippi
  1. chrissy

Lol ruffie, really how much of that stuff do you smoke? I dont believe meth was invented then was it?

July 14, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Ty Tammy, but dont expect an answer! Shes having one of her days it looks like.

July 14, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

lmao @ ruffie, ill still pass. I fail to see the attraction.

July 14, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Reverend Bill Coathanger MD

(after allowing for God's blessing, rev. Bill Coathanger (pronounced coat-n-gur) hehe lmao....proceeded to sprinkle holy water on a pair of PBA scissors...now, back to LIVE ACTION!
    Nurse Helga Von Babenhoggan RN has hher hands full trying to operate the babybrainvac and hold the infants kicking legs...
    "Dagnabit NURSE! Hold that little sucker still so I don't poke her moms uterus again."

July 14, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

ty dazzle, wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be, even given the fact that it became a rush job! As for the other, shes beginning to make no sense. Im having a hard time figuring out what shes talking about , or to whom! Anyway have a wonderful day.

July 14, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, I am so glad it worked out for you. Hope you know who is being a help around the house. Tori is here with me for the weekend and is glued to my shoulder as I type this and she is sending love to you.

July 14, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hey, dazzle!
      Much love to you and Tori!

July 14, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Commercial Break (stretch your legs)

This weels episode of 'PBA the godly way' is brought to you by...
    Reverend Bill's Snake Church and abortery. "Our snakes eat right, and right by God".
    This weeks special: Buy one abortion for your underaged daughter and recieve 1 hour of free snake play. (limited time offer, not valid for guests 18 or older, cannot be combined with any other offers made, public or private)
    And now...back to this weeks episode: Von Babenhoggan's missing jar of xanax. (episode 127)

July 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. wordplay

*yodda*
    Y-young girl
    O-on xanax
    D-doesn't have to tell her own
    D-ad
    A-about xanax or abortion procedures.
    "Yodda yodda yodda ya'll" 🙂

July 14, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. T. Z.

If I were thinking about having an abortion, there is not one post on here that would persuade me not to have one!!!! Some mean people here!!!

July 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Commercial Break (take a load off)

This weeks episode has been brought to you by Big Farma's new *Chick-Fill-w/drugs. Your processed chicken now has prozac in it, just like depressed abused children. (among other antidepressants used processing hens that would otherwise henpeck to death) Funny, but true.
    (not trying to pursuade or convince anyone. I'm knitting. (Joey?)

July 14, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. T. Z.

Lol. Knitting?

July 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Commercial Break (take a load off)

Some of the drugs given to anxiety ridden chickens were originally designed for infants born with hypertension disorder. Some have been banned by the FDA for years!
    I grew up on a ranch and we had a barnyard full of chickens. There was always one hen that the others pecked on, and many died. They don't physically get pecked to death, they die of extreme anxiety...we call it "anxiety attacks" or "panic attacks" in humans.
    If you are suffering from anxiety, get drugged. Chickens do, now.
    AND...as soon as that henpecked hen dies, another assumes the role. This too reminds one of the dysfunctional family model.

July 14, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

"Knitting" is what a friend of mine here used to call logging-on and just blabbing...not a care in the world. I usually argue with you till the cows come home (or partisan microbloggers show themselves to be disruptive). Today, I just feel like knitting. (shrug)
    And i surely do miss Joey Isotta-Fraschini...and remember leeintulsa. Still at rest in peace, in my humble albiet bodacious opinion of what happens at death.

July 14, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. T. Z.

@philip: were you talking to me? I don't even know you! If you were, argue with me?? You don't even know me! Whaaaaaat?

July 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. T. Z.

Once, I had a dog named Fonzie. Yes, after the TV show, which my mom loved when she was a kid. It was a little toy poodle that someone had gotten rid of by abandoning it at the side of a highway. Well, we got hi, and I guess the owners got rid of it because he was old. Anyway, we never got his hair cut, we used to let it grow and just cut around his eyes so he could see.

July 14, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. T. Z.

Anyway, we took him to the vet who said he was probably 11 years old. He had a little arthritis, but he was in ok condition for haveing been thrown out of a moving car. We had him for a few years, and then he started getting sick. The vet said it was because he was old, but we gave him some medicine that helped him, but he would tee tee a lot. And then he got cancer, so he died. Poor Fonnzie. I remember him well. He was a cute little dof with his hair grown out like that and so sweet.

July 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |