Police: Alleged Sikh temple shooter was vet, 40, and perhaps white supremacist
The man allegedly responsible for six shooting deaths at a Sikh temple near Milwaukee was an Army vet, police say.
August 6th, 2012

Police: Alleged Sikh temple shooter was vet, 40, and perhaps white supremacist

The man who shot six people to death and wounded three others during a rampage at a Sikh temple in a Milwaukee suburb was an Army veteran who may have been a white supremacist, according to a law enforcement source involved in the investigation.

Law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation named him Monday as Wade Michael Page, 40. One law enforcement official said he owned the gun used in the shooting legally.

He had apparently served on active duty, a U.S. official familiar with his record said. The source declined to give further details.

The officials asked not to be named because they are not authorized to speak on the record about the shooting investigation

Those inside the temple say the man had a 9/11 tattoo on one arm.

The shooter was killed by an officer at the scene after allegedly fatally shooting six people Sunday at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin.

Follow CNN's full coverage of the Sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S. • Wisconsin
  1. banasy©

This man was a neo-nazi, sang is a neo-nazi rock band, and was discharged from the army in 1998.
    There s absolutely no evidence that this man was fueled by any sort of drug other than hatred.

August 6, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And I also do not think that any thinking American would ever condone waterboarding its citizens, as I have seen some gleefully advocating here.
      Abomination.

August 6, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Abomination

Is that the counntry that the Indominitable snow people live ?

August 6, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

There's quite an art to falling apart as the years go by,
    And life doesn't begin at 40. That's a big fat lie.
    My hair's getting thinner, my body is not;
    The few teeth I have are beginning to rot.

I smell of Vick's-Vapo-Rub, not Chanel # 5;
    My new pacemaker's all that keeps me alive.
    When asked of my past, every detail I'll know,
    But what was I doing 10 minutes ago?

Well, you get the idea, what more can I say?
    I'm off to read the obituary, like I do every day;
    If my names not there, I'll once again start –
    Perfecting the art of falling apart

August 6, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mittens

woooo. Sounds like me.

August 6, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • GreedyGussie

bobcat – I've grown to like and appreciate your poems. This one, I could actually relate to (sigh).

August 6, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Iceax

Come on phillip why would i go to a jail to see them hand out drugs to inmates? That makes no sense at all ! And further more the inmates are forced to take these drugs or are put in isolation sounds like you are avoiding your own personal past where you not homeless at one time as you have calimed in the past ? And do you not self medicate with alcohol when its appropriate? So these inmates make a choice to commit crime/s and then are forced to consume these antidepresents thats speaking of the violent offenders what else do you have for me looks like you have finaly began to speak in a normal manner

August 6, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

Sardarji got the 4th child. He fills data in the birth certificate "Mother: Sikh.
    Father: Sikh. Kid: Chinese."The officer mumbles,
    "How come you write Chinese when both parents are Sikh?"Sardarji utters,
    "Aah, I read a newspaper, it says that every
    4th person born on the Earth now is a Chinese.

August 6, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Oy.

August 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. s kel

I ment to say" come on" for you dence minded bigots.

August 6, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Did you mean "dense"?

August 6, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

yes Frank, I ment dense, lol

August 6, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

C'mon now @bobcat don't frighten us , enough frights going on already. lol
    Have a good one.

August 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

@Philip
    White Supramacist, Militias, The Christian Soldiers and such are from among us we can't declare a war against them,a domestic war on terror
    C'mon now @bobcat don't frighten us , enough frights going on already. lol
    Have a good one.

August 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

Speaking of Columbine, not only the kids were on meds. One of the students that got shot and subsequently paralyzed, her .mom was taking SSRI's before the shooting. The daughter was getting better, doing quit well... everyone was excited. And what did the Mother do, she went to a pawn shop, asked for a specific gun, but a bullet in and shot herself right there.

August 6, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Well, that does it for me: meds will be the end of us all.
      From here on out, I'm only listening to Mrs. Eddy.

August 6, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@JIF:
      I wonder how many will catch that reference?

August 6, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ banasy:
      I knew one who would catch it.

August 6, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • TDM

What was her diagnosis? Do you know, or are you just throwing out tidbits to muddy the waters hiding an agenda?

August 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mr Dalloway

So very very sad, quite repugnant.

August 6, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Hi, JIF.
    Nice to see you here!
    I think I've mentioned it several times, but I missed you very much.

August 6, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ banasy ©:
      Hi. I missed you too.

August 6, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. k

All these racist groups all talk a so called good but most of them just end up being a criminal enterprise that murder people who never known they existed. They just pick on the unaware and the unsuspecting their just cowards.

August 6, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Huh?

August 6, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

@troll 8:42 Anti-agenda, NOT 'agenda' as you assume. (Americans under the influence of drugs being the agenda)
    And everyone but you knows the specifics: nationwide issues with depression.
    Why is it that whenever America's over-use of drugs is brought-up, people begin hiding behind screennames and defending drug use and personally attack the one bringing-up the subjsect in general? (as if it isn't obvious why)

August 6, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. james ainoris

Very sad...indeed. After 9/11 here in new york on long island quite a few Sihk s were beaten and killed by ignorant thugs.... who claimed to be "good american christians"....I have been told that Sikhs are excellent soldiers and fight fiercely like the Druze. Goofy dopey people wrongly assume they are Moslems because they have turbins ....I hope somehow this terrible incident will educate the public hopefully preventing further violence against such good peoplee... Shalom

August 7, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  15. ronvan

SO much junk, untruths, rantings & ravings: First they are now reporting that this "thing" was NOT a VET.!!!! NEVER saw any combat!! Have you heard the clip about the "music"? HA, this "thing" was putting out? It is actions like this that should tell ALL of us, that it is time to take a very hard look at our 'RIGHTS, & FREE SPEACH" WHY is it that you can make & sell this kind of junk, to ANYONE, like our kids, yet on these sites we HAVE to OBEY the rules and not swear? Both are the SAME for me! How many times have you seen a post/comment with obvious cursing, just changed a little? How many times have you seen/read, comments that are crazy, stupid, hateful, racist?

August 7, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |