August 16th, 2012

Thursday's live events

The two major parties will come together in the next few weeks to make their presidential tickets official.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the action from the Republican and Democratic National Conventions.

Today's programming highlights...

8:00 am ET (est.) - Julian Assange learns asylum fate - Ecuador is expected to announce whether WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will be given asylum in the South American country.

9:55 am ET - Ryan in Ohio - Republican vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan is in Ohio this morning, where he'll participate in a "victory rally" on the campus of Walsh University in North Canton.

11:30 am ET - White House briefing - Vice President Joe Biden's curious "chains" comment will likely dominate Press Secretary Jay Carney's briefing with the White House press corps.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Ecuador • Elections • Julian Assange • On CNN.com today • Politics • WikiLeaks
  1. Sestra

Whatchoo gonna yelp bout when Bama's gone??

August 16, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

@ Jay Jay, not EVERYONE gets food stamps!!! AND im still waiting for your apology on your nasty little post you made the other day!!!

August 16, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

chrissy. I apologize for whatever I may have said to you the other day. Sometimes I get worked up. No not EVERYONE is on food stamps just fifty percent of the country. And that simply is not acceptable! But you will here excuse after excuse as to why a flippin grown man is on govt assistance instead of being a real manand contributing to the benefit of the USA. Now bring on the excuses...

August 16, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

I dont have excuses for you, none that youre not already aware of anyway. And im sure you thought that post woulda been deleted immediately, the god awful one about banasy, bobcat and me so im accepting your apology. That and i know WHY you said it ok? 😉

August 16, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

No, it wasn't me you said that about, but thanks for putting it back out there, Jay Jay.

I truly hope this gets deleted to; not to hurt your feelings, but because there is ENOUGH stuff out there being said about me, and you just added another one for the miserable to glom on.

Yay. Thanks.

August 16, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

Why are you blocking my posts CNN ?

August 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO©

"You care too much."

August 16, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ chrissy

What did I miss here ? I'm in and out of here so much anymore, I can't keep track of the insults.

August 16, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@Jay jay:
    I understood why you wrote what you did when you wrote it; you did make that perfectly clear.
    That being said, please don't use us as examples; we do not to it to you, and would like the same consideration in return.

August 16, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Good! And ty! Would hate to think you was turnin into the younger version of Philip.

August 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kenney

4 days and counting , gearing up , and thoughts of everyone , andes here i come , who wants to go with us ?

August 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

What i want to know now is WHEN did it drop from 63% to 50% americans recieving foodstamps? Had to be on OBAMAs watch eh? Can you say PROGRESS? Lol. Now im teasin ya Jay Jay cuz im sure you were confused on the number.

August 16, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

ok awaiting moderation @ kenney. heres a new one. Dont forget the doll with the pins, its important. 😉

August 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

@Kenney:
    Safe passage, darlin'm
    And chrissy is right; that little doll is a must for when you reach the apex!

August 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kenney

@ chrissy and @ banasy, i will not forget the doll ive already found one a troll doll lmmfao i will bury it to the neck as im listening and rocking out to black sabaths darkest! Remember allister crowley once again lmmfao but the pins i wont need them that would kill the troll let it freeze for eternity lol

August 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

@Kenney:
    A troll doll; how apt.

August 16, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

Standing at a urinal, a man notices he's being watched by a
    midget. Although the short man is staring at him intently, the
    man doesn't feel uncomfortable until the midget drags a small
    stepladder over to him, climbs it and proceeds to stare at the
    mans balls at close range.
    "Wow!" says the midget, "those are the nicest balls I've ever
    seen!"
    Surprised and flattered, the man thanks the midget but starts to
    walk away. But the dwarf stops him.
    "Listen, I know this is a strange request, but can I touch your
    balls?"
    "Erm. I suppose theres no harm in it" says the man.
    Quickly the midget reaches out and grabs the guys balls tightly
    and shouts "Hand over the wallet or I jump...!"

August 16, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Pete

Bobcat,glad to see you're back in tune ,to all out there have a good one,take care...

August 16, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |