Gambia vows to execute all death row inmates by September, sparking outcry
Gambian president Yahya Jammeh says all 44 people on death row will be executed by mid-September.
August 23rd, 2012

Gambia vows to execute all death row inmates by September, sparking outcry

Gambia plans to execute all death row prisoners by September, the president said this week, sparking condemnation from human rights groups worldwide.

The tiny West African nation last executed an inmate about 30 years ago.

It is unclear what prompted the change in stance.
By the end of last year, Gambia had 44 people on death row, including two women, according to human rights activists.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • World
  1. LMAO

Troll is obvious trool. hey, there Kenny.

August 23, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

You too, LDS Lady. And if you studied my words above, you would see that Israels leaders do not care much for jewish people. They are Germans pretending to be jewish men chosen by God.
    Do LDS donate money to Israeli relief funds as most christian churches do?

August 23, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • LDS Lady

Honestly, I haven't heard, but really don't think we do. We send missionaries to Israel and throughout the world, but do not give money to their relief fund (to my knowledge). We usually try to help others directly.

August 23, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. elijah Moyo

My problem it is not all the inmates on the death row who are Guilty

August 23, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

Are LDS missoionaries allowed to drive cars in Jerusalem. I notice they all ride bicycles here. (just kidding) I am fond of young men dedicated such as they are and whenever I get the chance I speak with them and praise them for being so decent and respectful, and of course for their love for God.
    But, do you really believe the old temple will be rebuilt in N. America and Jesus Christ will rule the earth from there? (as taught by LDS leaders, even Romney when he was. Is? Is he considered an LDs leader still?)

August 23, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wow

I don't believe any of that crud, and i don't believe gambians do either.

August 23, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wow

And if your asking someone whos name is lds lady, well yeah she probably does.

August 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Oleg

In Balkans we no kill others. We ship crinimals to Somalia. There they feed many hungry cannibal. It good plan.

August 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Oleg

Anyone see new movie on PPV called "The Dictator"? I may watch it tonight. There is uncut version that supposedly has his pretty female guards without uniforms on.

August 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BOMBO ©

Well, everyone needs to clean house once in a while.

August 23, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. BOMBO ©

I'd post more on this discussion, but it looks like the many faces of Philip are having a nice conversation among themselves. It would be rude to interrupt.

August 23, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

If only one person is posting, BOMBO, wouldn't it be more of a lecture?

August 23, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |