September 10th, 2012

I didn't recognize bin Laden, SEAL who wrote 'No Easy Day' says

The new book "No Easy Day" by former U.S. Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette, who wrote under the name Mark Owen, gained widespread attention because of his firsthand account of how he and other members of SEAL Team Six killed Osama bin Laden.

On Sunday night, Bissonnette shared more of the intimate details of the mission in an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes."

Bissonnette wore heavy makeup and his voice was disguised as he described what he said was not just a "kill-only" mission, but a chance to capture the mastermind of the September 11 attacks alive, if possible.

FIRST ON CNN: Pentagon double checked actions of SEALs during bin Laden raid

"We weren't sent in to murder him. This was, 'Hey, kill or capture,'" he told interviewer Scott Pelley.  Bissonnette said that in the weeks leading up to the mission, the SEALs trained on a full-size model of the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, where they would eventually kill bin Laden. It was rare, Bissonnette said, to get 100 chances to train on a mock-up like that for three weeks.

Bissonnette said that while it was the most important mission he would ever be a part of, much of what the team members did was routine, until the moment they could finally exhale, knowing they had killed their biggest target.

Below are some of the most interesting exchanges between Bissonnette and Pelley, according to CBS transcripts, about the preparation for the mission, the raid itself and his reaction to it all when it was finally over.

On how they cleared the house as they hunted for bin Laden after taking early fire:

Matt Bissonnette: Guys start making their way up the stairs. And it's quiet. It's pitch black in the house. No lights. All night vision. Get to the second floor. Intel had said, "Hey, we think that Khalid, his son, lives on the second floor."

Scott Pelley: This is Osama bin Laden's son?

Bissonnette: Yeah. The guy in front of me who is point man, he sees the head pop out and disappear really quick around the corner. He's like, "OK, you know, what - who is it? What do you think?" "Yeah, I don't know." He literally whispers, not amped up, not yelling, not anything. He whispers, "Hey, Khalid. Khalid." He whispers Khalid's name. Doesn't know if it's Khalid or not. Khalid literally looks back around the edge of the hall. And he shoots him. What was Khalid thinking at that time? Look around the corner. Curiosity killed the cat. I guess Khalid too.

Pelley: Somebody started shooting at you from inside the house? And the bullets were coming through the door?

Bissonnette: Yep. Immediately, my buddy who was standing up started returning fire. I could - yeah, I kind of rolled away from the door, blindly returned fire back through. You couldn't see what was on the other side. And then it went quiet. Thankfully, the SEAL that was there with me, that initially returned fire with me spoke Arabic. So he immediately started calling out to the people inside. Started hearing the metal latch on the inside of the door. Are they gonna come out with a suicide vest? Are they gonna throw a hand grenade out? Are they gonna, you know, spray their AK? Door opens up, a female holding a kid, couple kids right behind her.

Pelley: You got your finger on your trigger and you're looking at a woman with her children?

Bissonnette: Yeah, yeah. Split second. I mean, we had just received fire. My buddy's speaking Arabic. And he's asking her, you know, "Hey, where's your husband? What's going on?" She - and - and she replies back to him, "He's dead. You shot him."

On how they killed bin Laden,  but weren't sure it was him:

Pelley: Khalid is dead on this landing. The point man is stepping past Khalid. And now, you're No. 2 in the stack. You're right behind the point man?

Bissonnette: Yep. I'm kinda trying to look around him. Hear him take a couple shots. Kind of see a head - somebody disappear back into the room.

Pelley: The point man had seen someone stick his head out a door and shot him just the way he'd shot Khalid.

Bissonnette:  Yup.

Pelley: What did you do then?

Bissonnette:  Inside the room, I could see a body laying on the ground. Over him was two females, real close to the door. They looked up and saw the point man. He steps into the room, literally rushes the two women, grabs one under each arm, and pushes them back against the far wall. So if they did have a suicide vest on, and they did blow themselves up, that they wouldn't - that wouldn't affect the rest of the guys.

Pelley: But it would have killed him?

Bissonnette: Yeah.

Pelley: You stepped into the room and saw the man lying on the floor? What did you do?

Navy Seals: A battle for the conscience

Bissonnette: Myself and the next assaulter in, we both engaged him several more times and then rolled off and then continued clearing the room.

Pelley:  When you say you engaged him, what do you mean?

Bissonnette: Fired.

Pelley: You shot him?

Bissonnette: Yeah.

Pelley: He's still moving?

Bissonnette: A little bit. But you couldn't see his arms. Couldn't see his hands. So, he could've had something. Could've had a hand grenade or something underneath his chest.

Pelley: So, after Osama bin Laden is wounded, he's still moving. You shot him twice?

Bissonnette: A handful of times.

Pelley: A handful of times, and the SEAL in the stack behind you also shot Osama bin Laden. And at that point, his body was still?

Bissonnette:: Yes.

Pelley: Did you recognize him?

Bissonnette: Nope. You know, everybody thinks it was, like, you know it's him. No. To us, at that time, it could have been anybody. Maybe this was another brother. Maybe this is a bodyguard. Maybe, it doesn't matter. The point is to just continue clearing.

On how they initially confirmed they had just killed bin Laden:

Bissonnette: So he moved out to where the women and kids were, grabs one of the younger kids. Says, "Hey, who is that inside?" She says, "Osama." "Osama who?" "Osama bin Laden."

Pelley: The child?

Bissonnette: The child.

Pelley:  Identified him?

Bissonnette: Yep. Grabbed one of the females, again asked her, "Hey, who is that?" She said, "Osama bin Laden."

Pelley: Does a cheer go up among the SEALs? You start shaking hands? Patting each other on the back?

Bissonnette: Not - nothing. It's all business. We're on the clock here. So, we call up the commanding officer. He comes upstairs. Looks at the body. We give him what we have so far of - hey, here's what he looks like, take a look. He's tall. Woman and kid confirm it. He took one look. He said, "OK, I think that's him."

On what Bissonnette made of bin Laden not making a final stand:

Bissonnette: And some people would argue that, you know, why did that point man take those shots? Well, immediately, the first door we went to, my team was engaged by enemy fire through the door. So automatically, we know we're going into an enemy compound, shots being fired back at us immediately. AK found next to Khalid on the stairs. All those boxes have been checked that if a guy sticks his head around the corner, he very easily could have a gun. You don't wait to get that AK or the grenade thrown down the hall or the suicide vest. So in the split second, that's when he engaged.

Pelley: He did have a gun. But he didn't use it. And I wonder what you make of that?

Bissonnette: I think in the end, he taught a lot of people to do - you know, martyr themselves and he masterminded the 9/11 attacks. But in the end, he wasn't even willing to roger up himself with a gun and put up a fight. So I think that speaks for itself.

On how he saw the news announced to the world - and then modestly celebrated

Bissonnette: Yeah, we watched it live. It was - they had some TVs set up in the hangar that we were at. And, literally still in your camouflage uniform, our gear kind of set to the side, and we heard it was coming on. We went and gathered around and watched the address.

Pelley:  What did you think?

Bissonnette: Now the world knows that we've got him.

Pelley:  When you landed back in the United States, what did you think of all the media coverage?

Bissonnette: It was all surreal because, you know, this had all been so hush-hush leading up to it. We went and did it. And now it was the biggest news story ever. We got on a bus. They drove us back to work. I didn't even go in. They told us we had a couple days off. And I grabbed my keys, went and got in my truck and, you know, I put it in the book. But, you know, I hit Taco Bell on the way home, hit the drive-through, a couple tacos. And, you know, ate it in my car right there and then drove home.

Pelley:  You were part of the team that killed Osama bin Laden and the first thing you do when you get back to the United States is go to Taco Bell?

Bissonnette: Two tacos and a bean burrito. It's routine.

Read more about the book, the debate over it being published and the bin Laden raid:

SEAL's Osama bin Laden book sheds light on Ambien use in military

Pentagon: SEAL's book has classified info, didn't follow protocol

Former SEAL worried about new book

Excerpts from SEAL's book about Osama bin Laden killing

1. stephen

awesome

September 10, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. me

I thank him for his service but this guy is no longer a SEAL. Real heroes do not talk about what makes them a hero nor do they profit off of it. He should be ashamed for talking.

September 10, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • wheels

i love taco bell too and is the first place i hit up after a tough day at the office too. God bless America, God bless Taco Bell.

September 10, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Papa Ray

There is no such thing as an ex-Seal. Just because you don't understand his motives don't associate anything with them.
      You certainly have not walked one inch in his shoes.

Papa Ray

September 11, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. JC

The trouble I have with this serviceman is that he broke his solemn oath for profit, in violation of the law, to reveal sensitive information. I'd call that treason. I cannot see how this guy is realistically any different than PFC Manning. Why is this man not in custody? Or do we have a new policy from our commander in chief? Shoot to kill when it's embarrassing, but let it leak when the information makes the president look good?

September 10, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Contra Archy

The problem I have with folks who say this guy broke his "solom oath" is that there is no evidence to suggest that SEALS take a "solom oath" never to talk. Furthermore, there are PLENTY of SEALS who do, including the guy who (claims) to have founded the SEALS.

This "solom oath" story is just an urban legend.

September 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fingers tapping

contra: JC did spell "solemn" correctly. Whether you like it or not. And no, spec ops people shouldn't talk. Remember how right wingers were at Pres Obama's throat for volunteering information to the enemy? Where's the right wing outcry now??? No where to be heard....

September 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjr96d

contra: Ever hear of a government Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA)? I assure you they are very real, and violation of a signed NDA can result in recall to active duty and prosecution. I am quite positive that SEALs must sign multiple NDAs.

September 10, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. PushingBack

I certainly thank him for his service but he has done an incredible injustice to himself and his family, all for the sake of profit.

September 10, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  5. Char646

soft tacos or hard tacos?

September 10, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob

He said crunchy in the book.

September 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. cwagnerphotog

Why is everyone making a big deal about Bin Laden getting shot? We had been searching for him for over 10 years, American was constantly questioning Bush and Obama on why we haven't found him yet...then we do, and the media makes a huge case out of the fact that the SEALs did their job and took care of business. So they should have captured him and made him stand trial? Give me a break. Ask everyone that lost family members on 9-11 what they think. CNN, you should be ashamed.

September 10, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Navy Cop

I wish your post had a "like" button.

September 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. PhillyGuy

Now you KNOW Taco Bell are morons if they can't make a marketing advantage from this real life story! The most wanted man on the planet was killed by the most elite fighters from the USA, and the first thing he does when he gets back to the states is at Taco Bell. How much more can you say...

September 10, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike H.

"How much more can you say"?
      I can say SEAL's don't get paid enough? This guy could not afford a decent meal at a decent Mexican restaurant after he had killed the most wanted terrorist on the planet?

September 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC

The money they make comes AFTER they leave the service. Many join up with one of the numerous borderline-mercenary security contractors, such as Blackwater (since renamed, of course), and use their military contacts to benefit the private sector. Of course, sometimes their skills go on sale to the highest bidder. Remember that military service is VOLUNTARY. People choose it for a job, and some have secondary reasons for their choice. Remember that old saying "No one is ever led to war by ignorance, and no one who thinks he has anything to gain by it is deterred by fear."

September 10, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Johnny 5

They shot somebody that day but it surely wasn't Osama. Or the Osama that we stopped looking for 9 years prior to the attacks. He died on his own watch in December of 2001. This is common knowledge.

September 10, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnny 5

Problem: The soldiers and the family members we're getting quite angry, asking questions, and lashing out against the long running war.
      Solution: Justify the war with the "killing" of Osama.
      Reaction: People took to the streets in praise of Obama and the long running war efforts. The anger settles and the war continues from that point on.

Who is left to kill once the outrage again ignites? Nobody. What then?

September 10, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Common knowledge to idiots that live in holes eating their toe nails.

September 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • peridot2

Conspiracy theorists never fail to amuse. Go on, please. What else do you believe?

September 11, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • seyedibar

it's fairly obvious to anyone that pays attention to the news. Bin Laden was in the final stages of renal failure when we last saw him before the Iraq War began. Doctors surmised he would not have survived 2002, even if al Zawahiri hadn't mercy-killed him. His family held a funeral and built a grave in Egypt. it is indeed quite common knowledge to the rest of the world, who have spent the last decade chuckling/appalled at the American public for chasing ghosts. Bin laden's memory was only kept alive because he was the singular face of the war, and without him the public would not have supported the Afghan initiative. The Seal team story invoked memories of Weekend at Bernies.

September 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mike H.

"Two tacos and a bean burrito. It's routine."
    Hey... I just killed Bin Laden... give me my usual, with some mild and some hot sauce.

September 10, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  10. open400

What went on in that commando raid should always remain confidential. Revealing any part of that mission jeapoadizes many thigns.

September 10, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. sybaris

Me too.

The mundane act of going to Taco Bell illustrates how being part of the team wasn't enough for him. He needed the public to know that he was there.

September 10, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Navy Cop

What it illlustrates is the how the every day "mundane" that you take for granted, is often what keeps many of us going. It's the every day things, the normalcy, that we often can't wait to get back to. I, for one, couldn't wait for the day where I could mow my lawn, or make a sandwhich in MY kitchen on a Saturday afternoon whenever I got hungry and didn't have to wait for the DFAC (dining facility) to open. I couldn't wait to walk barefoot on the carpet in my living room, instead of having to wear shower shoes on the dusty, gritty concrete floor of my room. Yeah... what you DON'T get is that sometimes it IS the little things.

September 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Person

You dont know how much it means til you lose it, man

September 10, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clay C

About 1/2 this country's civilians appreciate the sacrifice of military personnel. The other 1/2 are oblivious and disenchanted. To the latter half, I argue that this world will always have evil people. When world governments allow truly evil people to get out of control, you get a Hitler/Nazi scenario. However, many in the USA don't understand the importance of history and want the USA to be a passive country that watches from the sidelines. It didn't work in WWII and this mentality will not work in the future. For those of us that care, we salute and appreciate your service.

September 10, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Thats a bit of a stretch. 1/2 of the nation?
      The only people I've seen who DON'T support the troops are politicians and Right wing extremist Christians.

September 11, 2012 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
    • soulcatcher

Read "War and Peace" then get back to me about how US diplomacy could have affected the outcome and subsequent events of world war 2.

We didn't start that fire.

September 11, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Tommy Boy

I could not agree more, sir. As a retired veteran of the United States Navy myself, I recall with vivid clarity the day I walked off of my frigate for the last time and the first time I hit my own shower, toilet bowl, bed, recliner, carpet, deck, and the list goes on. I am still proud to have served, but it is nice to let it go also.

September 11, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Joseph

What an excellent response.

September 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cyprustree

That makes a lot of sense to me. That touch of familiarity, home, doing normal things instead of toting a gun around hoping you don't get killed today. While I have never served and have no clue just how hard it is to do your job, I can imagine that you don't get the best food or living arrangements and sleep is most likely a luxury. And of course that's on top of that whole hoping not to get killed today thing. So it seems pretty reasonable that someone returning home would want a taste of exactly that – home.

Thank you, Joe, for serving our country. You have my admiration, appreciation and a whole lot of respect!

September 11, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alpha

It is all about clicking on and off. Precheck might click him on, Taco Bell might click him off when he gets back. Believe me, you don't want him "on" all the time.

September 10, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aud

Ha, very true

September 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Wow really, I am currently serving the country and I have deployed multiple times and I can say my first stop when i got home was Wendy's. It's not to show the world that I was back but the feeling of being home. Eating something that gavve me comfort is all. Think before you put something stupid. Like all service members this guy is a hero.

September 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonathan

All service members aren't heroes. If that's true, then everybody is a hero.

September 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • nolongerarepublican

I think the guys that pick up garbage are heroes.
      We couldn't stand it for more than week without them, especially during the summer.
      Then there are the sewer workers, the road workers, teachers, cops, firemen, plumbers, the clerks at stores, etc. etc.
      Everyone is a hero in their own way, as far as I am concerned.

September 10, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Pathetic Republic of Democrats

I know what you mean and agree, we should all get food stamps,welfare,and housing subsistance like the other 100,000,000 mil Americans do so we can also be a part of the great Democratic demise of this country. To think there are 350,000,000 Mil Americans in America and 30%+ are dependant on this pathetic government. Are you all not ashamed of this fact, or just lazy and dumbbbbbbbbb!!!!

September 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonathan

Since when does the fry cook at McDonalds have internet access?

September 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@ Pathedic,and your republicans have a better plan,your multiple choice candidate just Sunday on CNN again put his foot in his mouth saying he'd repeal the ACA bill and was reminded that some of these same parts are also included in his bill, he backtracked saying he wouldn't repeal it all just parts and after being shown a video saying just that of the repeal he just smirked,caught dead to right.People intelligent know he has no plan and he's steadly going to get hit just on that fact...Ryan went against him,siding with Emanuel on the teachers strike ,Romney wanting principles to have power to hire and fire and Emanuel wanting to be diplomatic about it,that's the disconnect here.Ryan is only there for his policies and he's got a lower approval rating than your Quayle for VP,that's bad,but its good because he's going to be schooled by Biden in the debates,just wait and see..Romneys losing peoples backing because its being evident he just can't relate,neither can his wife Ann when questioned the other day,she's scared to answer anything without Romney around,not good just proving how mormons treat their wives,as second class citizens,don't talk until I tell you so,right!!

September 11, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • John W.

I was in the service (USMC), too. Not all service members are heroes. Saying that denigrates the real sacrifices that have been made by soldiers, marines, and sailors who have experienced actual combat or who have at least served in harms way.

September 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • jqent

He was only heroic up until he endangered his team mates by violating his oath.

September 10, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |

Today is 9/11, and I thank you sincerely for your service.

September 11, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

agreed Joe

September 11, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • rkdres

So, according to you, a person who simply enlists is automatically a "hero"? You must be a goober

September 11, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • LuisWu

Joe – Thank you so much for your service. I for one, appreciate it a lot. I think most Americans do.

September 11, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • TG

As are you Joe. Thank you for your service.

September 11, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • MC

Huh? Another half-wit heard from.

September 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • He may currently be acting out of ignorance, but

this man's wits would mow you into the dirt.

September 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • voice of reason

He's just doing his job. The whole thing is a set-up. His book is a lie, just like the operation.

September 11, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
    • aMom

And I suppose Neil Armstrong did not land on the moon either.

September 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • lezl

isnt it i love all the diffrent storie on how this went dont it seems to me its obama trying to take credit for something that probably didnt happen first the multiple stories then no body now a top secret mission being detailed in a book seals arent suppose to go public all there missions are suppose to be sealed due to national seceruity and finally obama is trying to be re-elected sounds like alot of fiction to me

September 12, 2012 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Seth Colton

Makes me wanna go to Taco Bell and have 2 Tacos and a Bean Burritto right now!:)

September 11, 2012 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • peridot2

...or he wanted the public to know his personal likes and political dislikes?

September 11, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Papa Ray

How could or would you come to that conclusion?
      Because he had camos on? They are present in every city in America, every day and night.

Explain your reasoning or be accused of being uninformed and ignorant.

Papa Ray

September 11, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Sid

What is wrong at stopping at Taco Bell

September 11, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • demwit

But we already knew Seal Team Six was there..., Obama told us.
      Anyone/everyone associated with Seal Team Six is now a BIG JUSICY terror target. HELLO! Even I know that..

September 12, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. chris11

"Yeah, we watched it live. It was – they had some TVs set up in the hangar that we were at. And, literally still in your camouflage uniform, our gear kind of set to the side, and we heard it was coming on. We went and gathered around and watched the address."

Wow, how could they do DNA testing that quickly to confirm it was in fact OBL? They would have had to have a machine all set up and ready to test, and have the assumption that they would be successful. Seems a bit odd to me. I'm wondering if they actually did the DNA testing after Obama made the announcement.

September 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Papa Ray

Your right of course. Obama was going to grab at the glory no matter who was killed. Who is going to prove different? Of course after a day or two they verified who it was they shot and killed. But if it had turned out to NOT be Osama do you really think they would tell the world?

No...so case closed.

September 11, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. TODAY

Do not become NAVY SEAL if you CANNOT TAKE IT

September 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. tonyl

This seal revealing the secrets is mentally off the track. He has already proven that he would sell the military secrets for a few dollars and back stab his colleagues. You have to accept that he is not really very bright and smart compare to other in his team. So he did not recognize Bin Laden. It's his brain not functioning properly.

September 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Henry S

As a former Ranger Tony I know first hand that in the heat of conflict plus the conditiions they were under it would be extremely dificult to id OBL in the dark. The SEALs could not use any flashpoints that would give away their location for potential other threats in the area. Positive ID is key in those situations and even facial recognition for OBL is not satisfactory. Plus you know as everyone else does that OBL colored his hair to appear on TV and this guy certainly looked much older. I am ashamed the guy broke with an oath and tradition but I wouldnt call him a traitor.

September 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • peridot2

SEALs meet the highest requirements in the military to be accepted in that program. Whatever his motives for writing this book, this officer is smart, physically fit and educated. Any SEAL officer can walk out of the SEALs and become a pilot, go into subs or any other program by requesting a transfer.

That's how it was when my husband was in the Navy. Unless there have been fundamental changes, the Navy's the same as it was then. It doesn't change, the Navy is antediluvian. It moves at the speed of evolution. Old white men

September 11, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. TC

If this guy really wanted to honor the victims of 9/11 he would donate ALL profits from this book to their families. I agree with me's comment above. I thank this guy for his service – but whatever happened to the team saying "we all shot bin Laden" – giving no one person the credit – it was a team effort. Seems like somebody wants his 15 minutes of fame and the $$ that goes along with it.

September 10, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • paula flowers

I totally agree with you ...I won't be buying this book and hope that other people consider what his real underlying mission is with it...

September 10, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blah blah the wheel's off your trailer

Yes, they all deserved the credit and unlike those ex cons the GOT dressed up in SEALS attire and put in a bogus web video to accuse the President of taking credit, in no way was the President trying to take credit for the mission when he addressed the nation and said " a team of Navy SEALS successfully carried out a mission that killed OBL." In what way does that wording imply to the GOT that the President was trying to take credit? And when the President traveled to the SEALS Academy to thank them once more a few weeks later, was the President thanking them for their service and sacrifice a way of him taking credit away from them? Shameless teapublicans. Simply pathetic, unpatriotic and worthless teapublicans!

September 10, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • peridot2

He sounds like a Republican to me.

September 11, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Papa Ray

He never said that we didn't shoot, in fact he says at least three of them shot Osama. Nothing he has written or said is taking anything away from the team. In FACT just the opposite.

September 11, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |