Sandusky could be sentenced on October 9
Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky leaves court in handcuffs after his conviction.
September 17th, 2012

Sandusky could be sentenced on October 9

Former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky may be sentenced on October 9 after a hearing to determine if he's a sexually violent predator, according to court documents.

After a three-week trial featuring emotional and often graphic testimony from eight of the former Penn State assistant football coach's victims, a 12-person jury convicted him on 45 of 48 counts. There were convictions related to all 10 victims alleged by prosecutors, with the three not-guilty verdicts applying to three individuals.

The verdict prompted people in central Pennsylvania to breathe a sigh of relief, believing a man many called a "monster" would pay the price for his crimes and their impact on his victims, as well as the Penn State community.

Jurors did hear from eight young men who testified that as boys, Sandusky forced them to engage in sexual acts in showers in Penn State's athletics facilities, hotel rooms, the basement of his home and other places. The abuse spanned at least 15 years.

More on the Penn State scandal:

Forging a new meaning for the rally cry 'We Are...Penn State'

Penn State scandal: Where things stand

'Victim 1' sues Penn State over Sandusky abuse

Jerry Sandusky brick removed from State College walkway

Penn State to give back trophies because of NCAA sanctions

Reaction to the Sandusky verdict

Penn State alum: 'We are more than this tragedy'

Post by:
Filed under: Jerry Sandusky • Penn State
  1. banasy©

O U C H.
    They should do that without the pix, though.
    Clearly, I don't like JS...

September 17, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Philipe': Slayer of Blog

A little touchup. 🙂
    AND Sandusky was nothing close to Joshua Carrier. The name *Carrier* will go down in infamy just like Ted Bundy, Dr. Hannibal Lector, Jason Vorhees, Chuckie, Jason Vorhees, Jerry Sandusky, various and sundry catholic leaders throughout the world, OJ Simpson, Cassie Anthony, Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, Usama bin Laden, Timothy O'Leary, Denver's sgt. Sullivan the boy humper, and rat wang chritian fundy meth gay ted haggerty, now an insurance salesman in Colorado springs. (yawn).
    Joshua Carrier rayped no less than 88 boys, no girls, in one calener school year. A new world record.

September 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Blog Slayer

Firstly, let US table the idea that a death penalty would hinder raype. This is what's called "a given".
    Bottom line reason why I myself do not support the death penalty any longer: Crooked Judges.
    Perhaps crooked judges are not as commonplace as dr. Moneydrug MD., better safe than sorry.
    But yeah. Any decent society would make raype punishable by death. There is no doubt about this.

September 17, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Therea

Why the emphasis on BOY ra pe? Boy and WOMAN ra pe? What about all the little girls who are ra ped? They are not worth as much? They don't hurt the same? Girls have more places to be defiled, and often are. Boys are not the only ones wounded. Although you are right on one thing. DEATH is the only way to prevent recidivism.

September 17, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Therea

Not in your lifetime, your childrens lifetimes, or your grandchildren's lifetimes. Sorry.

September 17, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Blog Slayer

How often has CNN reported stories of Women raypeing just girls, never boys? See? Boy rayoe is unique in it's own right. And I myself as a severlely abused BOY young male with tight buttocks certain gay men droool for among young men nationwide have the RIGHT to speak-out against men who hump ONLY boys, never girls. Sandusky? He was a se x addict of the bi-se xual variety.

September 17, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Slayer, a person exprssing an opinion is not trashing your thread, especially when you brought up women ra pe in the first place.
    Have some consideration for other voices, too, okay?

September 17, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mary

Every male survivor who comes forward deserve respect because they earned it the hard way.
    This does not negate your experience and this blog IS about a man whom rayped only males.
    Please to trying to stifle males when a story comes specifically about their experience.

September 17, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Therea

Blog Slayer: "Let US examine exactly why boy raype and woman raype is NOT punishable by death."

All I was doing was pointing out that GIRLs get ra ped, too. I am not trying to stifle anyone, but diminishing little girls that get severly abused is severly WRONG. Children are to be cherished, not tortured.

Sorry if I interrupted the monologue.

I had no idea that people were not supposed to comment on other people's posts!

Have a peaceful evening.

September 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Your the one that is UPSET to see the words boy raype next to the words girl raype... given boy raype and equality with girl raype.

September 17, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

Besides I see NO WHERE in his 10:05 post that he emphasize boy raype. Given me the actual sentence where he did so!

September 17, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Theresa

Mary, I am not upset. Boy ra pe and girl ra pe are equal. Even steven. Making one seemingly more devastating than the other is typical of the inequality little girls face when dealing with the systematic abuse they have had to live with. I should know. Both my brother and I were severly abused, me starting at three months old. I cannot have children, and. Have had to endure multiple surgeries to repair the damage done to me. YET, I see this all the time: boys are treated differently than girls, I had my rectum nearly torn out of me, I have permanent scarring, I endure problems every day, yet boy ra pe is more important? WHY? Because they're BOYS?
    There! Happy now? Going to still devalue me because I'm female? Go to hell.

September 17, 2012 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. marcyshops

I believe it is Dottie Sandusky is a monster! As much as we all want to blame Jerry Sandusky, does anyone out there agree with me that child molesters cannot help themselves? They are sick individuals that need help! Is there currently an ongoing study where they can actually sample these people and figure out what is making these people think that this is acceptable behavior!? Throwing them in the slammer without extensive evaluation is not doing our future children any favors! Come on people, wake up!

September 18, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. Justice for all

Gay statutory ra peists should go to prison just like the straight ones. Prison, not therapy. (duh)

September 18, 2012 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  12. Justice for all

But yes, @marcyshops. Mrs. Sandusky was obviously aware of her husbands decades of boy ra pe and should be prosecuted as a simple Bishop who had been covering for a boy ra peing priest for decades.

September 18, 2012 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |