September 28th, 2012

Michigan teen targeted in homecoming 'prank' gets last laugh

A Michigan teen is making the most of a homecoming prank that she says left her feeling suicidal.

Whitney Kropp, a self-described outcast with just a handful of close friends at Ogemaw Heights High School, was picked to be the female representative of the sophomore class royalty. It certainly came as a shock.

But hours later, the 16-year-old learned classmates voted for her as a joke. She spent the night in tears.

"I'm like, 'Wow, I feel like trash,'" Kropp said. "I feel like I'm a little thing that no one really cares about."

That night, she said, she contemplated ending her life "right here, right now."

But thanks to a push from her family and friends, she decided to embrace what happened and turn the tables.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S.
  1. If I change my name will mods print me now??

Go Whitney Go !! So happy for Her and wish Her more Victories to come!

September 28, 2012 at 5:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. raven

What a brave girl! I just got my BLUE shirt today so: In your face,bullies!

September 28, 2012 at 5:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. francois2012

OK

September 28, 2012 at 7:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. BOMBO ©

If it was me, I would have shown up drunk, dirty, and wearing a burlap sack. But not everyone is as sarcastic as I am.

September 28, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

I would have gotten a wig of long blonde hair and a pink dress splashed with fake blood, a la Carrie.
      And I AM just as sarcastic as you...lol.

I hope she wins.
      Hold your head up high, sweetie, you're beautiful.

September 28, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Haddy

Good for her! What she did took a lot of guts. She really showed those bullies up. The bullies must feel like a bunch of idiots now. She is world famous while they are bunch of nobodies.

October 2, 2012 at 5:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. icons design

This variant does not approach me. Who else, what can prompt?

November 2, 2012 at 2:41 am | Report abuse | Reply