October 1st, 2012

Earthquake detected off Japan

A magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck off Japan's eastern coast early Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

With a depth of 9 kilometers (5.5 miles), the temblor was about 150 kilometers (93 miles) east-southeast of Hachinohe and 550 kilometers (342 miles) north-northeast of Tokyo, according to the U.S. agency.

The quake occurred just over a year and a half after a magnitude 9.0 earthquake triggered a huge tsunami off Japan, resulting in thousands of deaths and the world's worst nuclear crisis in a quarter century.

The Japan Meteorological Agency, however, did not issue any tsunami warnings or advisories immediately after the Tuesday morning quake, according to its website. No such warnings were issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center either.

Filed under: Earthquake • Japan
  1. dazzle ©

Kenny Rogers, le prendre dans le cul

October 1, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. "Sufficient for each day is it's own badness"

...and so Kenny Rogers is the only hag ever there was. (in my book quoted above)
    To all whom I have referred to as "hags", it's been on a day-by-day basis. (not the same as 'daily') And always when I'm having a bout with depression issues. Usually, I stay home and away from people for their sakes when depression kicks-in, though I still blog. At least I don't hide it.
    When not depressed, most everyone cottons right up to me.
    "Speak consolingly to the depressed souls."-The Word.

October 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jericho Lee

I deal with depression issues also. I don't call people names when I am dealing with them because I am cognizant of the fact that I am not thinking in my right frame of mind when I AM depressed.

Maybe you shouldn't blog when you are dealing with your depression, or at the very least, be gracious enough to apologize for your behavior when you are depressed.

Being depressed is dibilitating, I know, but it should not be offered as an excuse for behavior unbecoming a decent person, and if the people you are calling these names are called that enough, NO excuse you offer without apology is ever going to win back their good graces.

Good luck, I wish you well.

October 2, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Philip

@midnight counseling services.
    Like I said, my "hag" nomenclature is available on a first-come/first-served basis. If you bring it, I'll hag it. (if i happen to be weakened by depression)
    One of the 'tricks' I've learned over the years is that when I'm particularly depressed, It's best if I get-off my pity potty and do something...anything besides sleep and not eat. Sometimes that something is reading what you folks here post and seeing how long I can hold my tongue. :)
    And banasy? If the worst thing I ever do to you is call you an old hag, that would make me one of the best friends you ever had. But no, I will not apologize for the scars I have. Others gave them to ME.They are MINE.
    AND, it's progress before perfection. Many years ago, on a news blog chatting with old ladies is the LAST place you would find me. (if you get my drift)

October 2, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Not one of my friends have ever called me an old hag.
      Not one.
      Ever.
      Only YOU.
      You are not my friend; at best you were an aquaintance.
      And as I am neither old, nor a hag, it's all moot anyway; acting out is repugnant, and excusing it instead of owning it is transparent.

October 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

Btw, downing Prozac! the REM sleep assassin is not "dealing with the issues." It is avoiding them. (duh)

October 2, 2012 at 7:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Philip

Oopsy, your prerequisite citation. (almost forgot)
    "Prozac: Panacea or Pandora. America's serotonin nightmare" by Dr. Anne Blake-Tracy, Phd. Learn how antidepressants are the number one cause of bipolar disorder on the planet.
    Learn of how 75% of those who take antipsychotics (like Abilify) suffer from BRAIN LOSS.
    Learn of how antipsychotic drug use among children has gone-up 800% since parents began drugging their own "problem child" with REM sleep robbing SSRIs.
    And learn of US taxpayers spending more on drugs than on national defense, and then add to that the drugs consumed by those not paying taxes
    Also, learn of your pharmacy chargeing you 40 dollars for SSRIs and anti-psychotic pills that cost them 1 dollar, and cost pharmaceutical manufacturers 1/4 penny to make. (and make out of crude oil)
    And it's rude to ask someone for citations (as you have done many times) and then not check them out and post what you found. Just saying. :)

October 2, 2012 at 7:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. DaNdy sEroQueL

HedDo. mY naMe iS DaNdy. WhaT s yOurseS naMed?
    (this is demonstrative of the 75% brain loss experienced by those addicted to anti-psychotics like Abilify, a drug used to deal with the long-term side effects of eating Seroquel (SSRIs) for years on end)
    i WonDed thE LotteRy! I m goiNg tO ChiTagOh! DuH BeaRs! y yay!

October 2, 2012 at 7:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Are you going to post about my undergarments, again, "Dandy"?
      You go right ahead and post that link; the link to the sight you had to join to get access to my posts.
      And while you’re at it, go back to that site and try to figure out my husband’s username on that site.
      Go right ahead; I have never done anything online to be ashamed of.

October 2, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  8. DaNdy sEroQueL

...those 75% who experience brain loss, rather.
    Over 80% of the drugs consumed by Americans are consumed by 15% of the population. (interesting sidenote)

October 2, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Philip

How is it that millions of "Dandy Seroquels" are allowed to vote, but *not* allowed to sit on a simple jury?
    (There is no one-single court case that would require more brain power than what is needed to decide who will be the next US President)

October 2, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Philip

Visit one of the 'Health and Wellness' centers in your city. Go inside and look around. Are these the people you want deciding who the bext president will be? Crykey! They need reminded to take their meds!
    Yet, they are herded onto busses and taken to the polling booth. (just like thousands of churches do)

October 2, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. banasy©

And speaking of people and drugs? I assume you're still smoking crack, right?
    See, kinda the same as you assuming I still take Prozac, Xanax, and everything else you so dearly love to attribute to me.
    Go dEnVeR brOnCoS!

October 2, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Philip

Today's hag list has only 1 entry:
    1. Kenny Rogers also known as little mister and jay jay.

October 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Tyfarolorosm

clomid interactions, how to get clomid without a prescription – cheap clomid online no prescription

October 29, 2012 at 5:29 am | Report abuse | Reply