October 1st, 2012

Monday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate on Wednesday from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - UN General Assembly - It's the final day of general debate at the United Nations General Assembly today.  We expect to hear from Syria, Cuba and North Korea during the session.

1:00 pm ET - Biden on campaign trail - Vice President Joe Biden will spend part of his day at the Pentagon, where he'll make remarks.

7:50 pm ET - Ryan bus tour - GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan will kick off a two-day "Real Recovery" bus tour at a college in Dubuque, Iowa.

9:15 pm ET - Romney rally - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney takes a break from debate prep to speak with supporters at a museum in Denver.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Cuba • Elections • North Korea • On CNN.com today • Politics • Syria • United Nations • World
  1. Kenney

@@@isreal and iran,,,fight your own squables we do not need another war let isreal start it and we will sit back and watch this is the plan for many years if we start it we will have to finish it right so our long term plan is to mediate and a voide such a conflict but coukd of been taken care of durin the hostage crissis

October 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

@Kenney
    much as we would want no share of that fight, Israel's stranglehold on our socio-political neck would drag us there.

October 1, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

@Mary
    Some quick words so they go thru.
    I caught that video on Youtube. Don't watch Aljazeera or go to IRNA. Nor do I read venezuelan newspapers. I do read Haar'etz regularly though.

October 1, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Saywhat, Sorry for the delay in responding to this post, I didn't see it till just now. I believe Philip has said the same of Aljazeera. Thanks for the tip. :)

October 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

Stranglehold?
    As many sanctions as we've hit Israel with, I certainly question the U.S. transparent relationship with them.
    As far as Iran, Didn't Obama , say something to the effect; "Our patience is not limitless"

See the Bias?
    See the stats on Israeli killed verses the Palestinians killed in their dispute.
    Israel is NO better than Iran.
    And that's coming from past articles read on settlements, number of sanctions ignored by the U.S. to Israel, and now the stats I came across yesterday from credible sources.

October 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

@Bombo's comments on western and especially US MS media not being selective on what they are 'allowed' to report made me wonder at the naivete inherent in our outlook.

October 1, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

@Mary
    This generation of ours has grown up with certain perceptions designed to instill in us an unwavering loyalty to the interests of regimes (not necessarily the people) in Israel. These perceptions are kept alive both at the social and political level by lobbies and special interest groups including our lawmakers with dual loyalty.
    Fortunately albeit belatedly Americans and peace loving Jews are now beginning to see thru this fog.

October 1, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ saywhat, That's exactly what I've discovered thru my research thus far.
      Thanks. :) I look forward to rather lengthlier chat.

October 1, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

See you folks somewhat later.

October 1, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Mary

No body looks forward to a chat of any kind with you. You regurgitate everything Philip tells you too.

October 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. An Impartial Observer

It appears to me, that half of you that say you support the re-election of President Obama are lying so as to not being an outcast in your little group. What don't you say what you truly feel under your real name? No wonder the polls look as they do. If you can't do that, then just say nothing.

October 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

KMA.
      My name is Donna Banas and I fully intend to vote for President Obama.
      Impartial, me left foot.
      Are YOUR voting, and if so, who for?
      Oh yeah, once again, my name is Donna Banas, and I approve if this message.
      Good enough for you, "Impartial Observer, LOL?
      What *your* name, anonymous one?
      Lol.

October 1, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Portland tony

Polls aren't taken from the Blog pages of CNN....And the folks that post here are not anonymous since an IP address is always available to authorities should we post evil things. If all the John Smiths,say in Los Angeles, were to post on one blog using their real names think how screwed-up that would be

October 1, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I know, right, PT?
      I just find it vastly amusing that there was some point to this post that got lost in translation...lol.

October 1, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

LMAO, my post to the not impartial KR didn't make the cut. I won't bother retyping it so figure it out.

October 1, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. theperfecttruffle

Come check out your DEMOCRATIC AND REPUBLICAN TRUFFLES here to make your vote!
    FREDERICK,MD

October 1, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@No thanks I will pass on the truffle. You already jumped the shark with the Hatch green chili ones.

October 1, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |