October 3rd, 2012

Wednesday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate tonight from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

10:30 am ET - Pentagon briefing on Afghanistan - The deputy commander of the International Security Assistance Force will brief reporters on the current situation in Afghanistan.

12:00 pm ET - Clinton campaigns for Obama - While President Obama prepares for tonight's debate, former president Bill Clinton will be on the campaign trail in New Hampshire, stumping for Obama in Durham.

12:00 pm ET - Rubio stumps for Romney - Like Obama, GOP candidate Mitt Romney will avoid any campaigning the day of the debate.  Sen. Marco Rubio will campaign for Romney in Denver.

5:00 pm ET - 'DebateFest' - Before, during and after the debate, students, faculty and others will gather at the University of Denver for a free festival and debate watch party.

9:00 pm ET - Presidential debate - It's what you've been waiting for.  President Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney will discuss and debate domestic issues from the campus of the University of Denver.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Afghanistan • Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • World
  1. Philip

...and, are you the original 'Guest' that was here before me? (on these blogs)

October 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. BILLY BANANA

Btw, I'm having a little fun with my u/n. Remember Billy Banana from the episode of Mary Tyler Moore (the death of Chuckles the Clown) lol ;)

October 3, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Unsung Heroes of 9/11

TV cameras caught video of several 9/11 victims before they jumped to their deaths.
    What is unusual ablout these jumpers? They are NAKED. why?
    Because the took their clothes off, statred into the helicoptor news camera, and then walked towords the interior of the tower. As they walk accross an imaginary line, they turn and stare into the camera, and then begin shrugging and holding their hands up and smiling. They then walk back accross that imaginary line and put their wet (from fire sprinklers) clothes back on, and as they walk past the libe towords the interior, they begin acting as if they are being cooked alive...exagerated body gestures as being shocked somehow.
    They did this over and over again until they could no longer endure the searing heat of the flames. And then they jumped. Naked. For YOU. For US.
    *What* were they trying to communicate to us?
    Dr. Judy Wood, Phd. published *what*, and was fired from her university position the next day.
    "Where did the Towers Go" by Judy Wood

October 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Guest

Okay, just watched it, and I'm not trying to be difficult,, but that was posted 6 years ago, and I have already seen it. Why does the tape mess up right before the object hit? I am not saying one way or another that it didn't happen, but it does look as it may have been altered. Thank you for sharing it again, though.

October 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Philip

@Guest. "Someone" jacked you @3:48, obviously.
    This video was new to me, and so I figured it would be new to the regs here too.
    ALL of the video released by the Pentagon after a two year long court battle to have info deemed secret "for reasons of national security" released to the public are fuzzy. The Pentagon had 6 high res cameras pointed at the attack spot, it's a no-brainer why they are a bit fuzzy

October 3, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Guest

It was I at 3:48. I didn't say it was fuzzy. It broke up. As in the signal looked to be interrupted. I can either take this as it was an actual malfunction of the camera, or it was doctored. This video didn't sway me one way or another, taken by itself. That is all I am saying.

October 3, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Guest

I have been around for a while, and i use Guest because I am not a regular poster here, but a reader, and therefore a guest here. I was looking up the 9/11 tape. When I imputed the web address, it came up to a video about learning HTML code, so I had to put in the actual words.

I had no idea someone else uses Guest as a sign in name, but I do not like the tone of your post to me.

October 3, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. dazzle ©

Ok now my work day is complete and ends with a laugh and a smile courtesy of @bobcat(in a hat). As for most of the rest of these posts. get a life. The full moon is over crazies so you must be worked up about a debate.

October 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Philip

The video clearly shows a white missile, not a blue and white JUMBO JET.
    Interstingly, if you examine closely the shade of blue on the jumbo jets that hit the towers, they aren't even American Airlines' shade of blue!

October 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Guest

@ Philip

Last post before I leave work.
      You asked me to view it and come back to tell you what I found. I saw some sort of tape malfunction, and the immediately after what appears to be a missile hit the Pentagon. The tape malfunction tells me that it could have been doctored, but also that it may not have been doctored, I don't know. I said I was not swayed either way by this video, and I am still not.

October 3, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

That major media outlets have not shown video of the Pentagon attack and analyzed as closely as a football game whould tell you something.
    We have hi-res video of jets hitting the towers from TV CAMERAS. The Pentagon videos are all a bit fuzzy, even though the pentagon has the highest tech surveilance cameras.
    We all have images of jets hitting towers etched in our minds. Very very few of US have images of the Pentagon attack etched. Why? People don't even want to think about the ramifications of the FBI BEING RIGHT. That men both foreign and domestic financed the crime of 9/11.

October 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Rich

Good God, man, give it up.

October 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Philip

Our 9/11 victims families will NOT "give it up" @"Rich". Well, actually, the vast majority already did give it up by taking Bush's 500,000 dollar publicly offered bribe to drop lawsuits that named HIM.
    However, 17 of the 3,000 victims's families have vowed to maintain their pursuit of justice in US COURTS until every single man who helped finance the crime of 9/11 is either behind bars or executed.
    Be patient. Soon, the entire world will know exactly who financed 9/11.

October 3, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rich

No quotes, just Rich, @"Philip". I meant to give up trying to tell someone else what they saw, mmmkay? Nothin more to it then that.

October 3, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. little mister©

Romney won the debate!!

October 3, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

@little mister, so you and the polls say. I thought the debate was a snoozefest and didn't think either candidate performed well. Jim L was dreadful as a moderator.

October 4, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |