October 5th, 2012

Border agent's death likely due to friendly fire, FBI says

[Updated at 7:34 p.m. ET] This week's fatal shooting of a Border Patrol agent and the wounding of another was likely the result of friendly fire, the FBI said Friday.

"While it is important to emphasize that the FBI's investigation is actively continuing, there are strong preliminary indications that the death of United States Border Patrol Agent Nicholas J. Ivie and the injury to a second agent was the result of an accidental shooting incident involving only the agents," said James Turgal, special agent in charge of the FBI's Phoenix division.

[Posted at 3:02 p.m. ET] The FBI is looking into the possibility that the fatal shooting of a Border Patrol agent and the wounding of another near the U.S.-Mexican border may have been the result of "friendly fire," a law enforcement official said Friday.

Border Patrol agents came under fire Tuesday near Naco, Arizona, after responding to a sensor that had gone off nearby. Border Patrol Agent Nicholas Ivie was killed.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. jayjay

I love President Obama.

October 6, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "The Lunatic Fringe"

banasy:
    Oh my oh my!!! Don't try to hide hide no kettle. "I will find it".

October 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "The Lunatic Fringe"

banasy:
    A kernal behind your ear? "I will find it".

October 6, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "The Lunatic Fringe"

banasy:
    Kinda makes it look like I need you to Barry me sometime before I die.

October 6, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. banasy©

Jeff Frank:
    I double kernel dare you to kettle my Barry.
    I Mitt you, too.

October 6, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "The Lunatic Fringe"

"Love and kettle necklace arts and crafts to you". Later. ;)

October 6, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Philip

At least it was just friendly fire and not loving fire.
    (looking on the bright side of life)

October 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Philip

"You are what you eat."
    "Your body is a temple unto the Lord."
    "Gluttons will not inherit God's kingdom."
    "Who is this 'Jesus' of whom you speak?"
    "You must worship God with your entire mind AND body."
    "Bodily training is beneficial..."
    "God loves obesity and ignorance."
    Which one line doesn't fit?

October 6, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kenny Rogers

Be quiet Philip you have bored everyone away. Thank you very much for putting me on the hag list with those women. I am not pleased.

October 6, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

I love priest pizza

October 7, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. chrissy

Too late to backpeddle now philip. You published the list already and named it the *hag list!* And those of us you named chose a definition for *hags*, one of course that YOU wouldnt have chosen.

October 7, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. the 1 prophet

America is finished, the economy is done, the middlle class is the poor now. America is just hanging on by a thread before it will collapse and inveded by Canedians from the north and Mexicans from the south. This election will stall and produce riets all over. It's in the destiny of America just like the civil war was. No one can stop it. Look at the history Native Americans including woman and children were killed snd murmured by the Federal Government run by the elite, the Indians, their land stollen. That white man eval spirit will return upon its own Nation.

October 7, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. chrissy

Aha there you go lying again @ Philip! You DID make that list, you know you did and everyone that blogs here saw it so stop lying. You just said honesty is the best policy and then you blatantly LIE!

October 7, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply