October 15th, 2012

'Girl Can't Help It,' Salahi says yes to Journey axeman's proposal

It was a case of rock 'n' roll romance as Journey guitarist Neal Schon proposed to one-time White House party crasher and reality TV star Michaele Salahi on stage Sunday night in Baltimore, her manager said.

Salahi accepted the proposal with "Open Arms," according to Gina Rodriguez.

Their relationship began under a cloud in September 2011 when the "Real Housewives of D.C." star was reported missing by her then-husband of nearly eight years Tareq Salahi.

"It is our belief ... Michaele Salahi may have been kidnapped or abducted and is being held under duress and forced to tell persons, including authorities, she is OK," Rodriguez, who managed Tareq Salahi at the time, said.

But instead, the reality show personality had traveled to Memphis, where Journey was performing, to be with Schon, a representative with Scoop Marketing, Schon's management company, told CNN.

She told a sheriff's deputy that she was "with a good friend and was where she wanted to be," Warren County, Virginia, Sheriff Danny McEathron said in a statement.

A short time later, Tareq Salahi filed for divorce.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S.
  1. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

If I knew this would eventually have taken place 30 years ago, when Journey would of come on the radio, I would of switched stations.

October 15, 2012 at 9:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Hoorah Kansas!

October 15, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Portland tony

She's got a great publicist to get this non story in print. Yawning!

October 15, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

This is something Eddie Van Halen wouldn't do.

October 15, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. banasy©

I wonder who's had more work doine, him or her?
    They bith look a little plasticfaced...
    JF: Kanas was a much deeper band, anyway...

October 15, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. banasy©

I wish them well...what could possibly go wrong?

October 15, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. ysanab

What I could wish...possibly go well wrong?
    Possibly what I could wish...go well wrong?
    What could I possibly wish wrong...Well?.(as far as I got)

October 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

^^^^
      Someone unclear on the concept of sarcasm...or humor, for that matter.

October 16, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Does your panty wad easily?

Try *ysanab* today. Ask your doctor about *ysanab* and see if it's right for you. This amazing new drug helps you see things backwards of how you now view matters, making you spot-on. ;)
    Don't use generic *yssirhc* or *nevar* That Nevar is one sharp cookie. If only cookies had edges. :)

October 15, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

I would say CLEARLY your panties are in a wad over something, Philip, otherwise you wouldn't be posting such drivel.

October 15, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hide Behind

So what's the story about, myself asked myself, and myself not being any wiser than myself, decided to go on to something more interesting.

October 15, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. banasy©

Ah, Philip,you couldn't hold a candle to my husband, and your posts about chrissy, raven, and myself are extremely immature and unnecessary.

You seriously need to get over your martyr syndrome.

October 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. banasy©

You may certainly think that about yourself, but as there is no violence whatsoever in my marriage, you will have to go panhandling for spare change elswehere.

October 15, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Philip

One of these bored housewives was AOL s/n Originalwife. She was a democrat married to a very high ranking military official...hard-line Right winger. She was also addicted to xanax when I met her. It was through her that I learned of how popular xanax is with the wives of powerful men, and why. Many get bored and go online to have affairs. Xanax makes the experience more real. Lanie (Originalwife) used to say you could rob a bank with a smile on your face with xanax. Odd drug this xanax to be sure.
    I came to know another gal like this who lived next door to president Bush near Crawford Texas! She could hear automatic rifle fire from her other neighbors exotic game hunting ranch. (Ted Nugent) Befriend a woman married to one and find-out what's really going on with abusive men.

October 15, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chrissy

Also philip, it sounds as if you have more than just your panties in a wad!!

October 15, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Mary

After reading this blog, I would say Neal and Michaele's conversations couldn't hold a candle to this thread! lol

October 15, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. CleverPartner.com

Sounds like she was in good hands, just not in the public's eye. Thats how it should be, not every celebrity loves the spotlight and their entire life being scrutinized by the media.

October 25, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply