Citigroup CEO steps down
Vikram Pandit has stepped down as CEO of Citigroup.
October 16th, 2012

Citigroup CEO steps down

Citigroup's CEO is stepping down, ending his tumultuous five-year reign as leader of the third largest bank in the United States.

The surprise announcement by Vikram Pandit sent the company's shares down 2% this morning, no doubt, as shareholders wondered what the move meant for Citigroup.

Citigroup's President and COO John Havens also resigned.

For more on the shake-up, head over to CNNMoney.com.

1. chrissy

They BOTH resigned? Yea i can see where that might alarm somebody.

October 16, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Nah, chrissy, nothing to see here...business as usual...let's both move along...lol!

October 16, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. Oddnik

I hope the stock market drops. That will teach those Wall Street fat cats. Everyone is saying Dec 31 when the government runs out of money again (they have already ran out. The US govt owes $50,000 in debt for every person living in the US).

I save money by eating the $1 TV dinners for most meals. Seems like our government could cut back some too. But guess they want to buy votes through the social programs.

October 16, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Mike

October 16, 2012 at 12:43 pm
    I really believe this year’s election is between those who work for a living and those who want to get something for nothing. I work 50 plus hour weeks and have trouble getting by. It’s not because of my salary. It is because the federal government takes so much from us to give to those who are too lazy to work. Everyone I personally know is sick of the Obsma administration giving so many handouts to those who spend their days at home taking drugs, drunk, or watching television. BTW my lunch is almost over. Time for me to do something all of you should be doing – time gore me to get back to work.

October 16, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Hi, Mike.
      I see you c/p this from an earlier thread; and your last line is still disrespectful to all that work second or third shifts, or work at home.

October 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

And do you HONESTLY think Romney (a l%er) is going to make any changes to help the middleclass that would require HIM and his cronies to pay more and the middleclass/working class less???

October 16, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply