October 19th, 2012

Friday's live events

President Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney face off October 22 in Boca Raton, Florida, in their third and final debate of the election.  Watch CNN.com Live for all your election coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

11:35 am ET - Biden in Florida - Vice President Biden spends his day campaigning in Florida, starting with a grassroots event in Sun City Center.  He then travels to Fort Pierce for a 3:30 pm ET rally.

11:45 am ET - Obama campaigns - President Obama will be near the White House for his campaign stop today.  He'll speak to voters in Fairfax, Virginia.

1:10 pm ET - Ryan roundtable - GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan is also in Florida today.  He'll host a roundtable discussion on entrepreneurship on the campus of the University of South Florida in Tampa.

1:30 pm ET - Trayvon Martin shooting motion hearing - Prosecutors in the George Zimmerman case are expected to ask the judge to impose guidelines for the defense regarding releasing evidence and issuing subpoenas.

8:30 pm ET - GOP ticket rally - Ryan and GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney will get together tonight in Daytona Beach, Florida, for a so-called "victory rally" with country singer John Rich.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Philip has his old wooden sliderule

Heck...my story about us "oilfield trash" taking over towns throughout the West was mauderated.

October 19, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

Join the club the things I think are harmless get moderated and the mean things other people put here are printed. Go figure.

October 19, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. Obama Mama

Hello banasy and Philip. I was getting tired of going to the polital page. I like it better here. I hope they do not change or take the This just in off.
    Ole Joe Bidens Bullet comment is getting alot of coverage on other sites. Metaphors can be tricky and give the GOP amo. or so they think. If Ryan/ Cantor(portfolio king of betting against the US, wife is a stimulus user, change the wording on the bill for inside trading to get him mo money guy) calls their book young guns, expect a metaphor on it from Joe.

October 19, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Obama Mama

The Ryan kitchen photo-op was minutes stopping by a soup kitchen and doing a couple of dishes. Now people are taking their money out of the soup kitchen. I think they have made their point, don't make it too much of a point, these people come for food, don't make them pay for Ryans photo-op.

October 19, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Notice he wasn't photographed actually *serving* the people...notice that his apron was clean and dry...notice that the pans were already clean when he was "washing" them...
      I agree with you; vote AGAINST R/R, but don't withdraw support for the soup kitchen because of an opportunist like Ryan.

October 19, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

Yes I did notice, I just hope everyone else noticed. I also noticed something else today, TROLL.

October 19, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Yaj yaj

And why is this news? Why not report on the 30% increase in welfare spending in just four years under? Shhh jay jay! Not once did CNN report this yest...

October 19, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yaj yaj

hurry and delete my post CNN. You don't want the folks to know yet another finding that makes your savior look like the over spending idiot he is...

October 19, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Yawn.

October 19, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mr. banasy©

Honey, you'll have to get your own depends – the car broke down again and I don't have enough for bus fare. I hope you're not upset.

October 19, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!Obama Biden 2012! There is much wealth remaining to be redistributed!

October 19, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. @yaj yaj

What happened Jay Jay? Did they finally bust you for being a troll.

October 19, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. yaj yaj

Yes and it is because someone reported me as Jay Jay, Phunk, little mister, and biggest troll of all Kenny Rogers. It's true we are all the same person. I'm the one that interacts with all of you. Fooled you fools.

October 19, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. little fister©

daddy?

October 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Yaj yaj

never been a troll moron. They won't let me post under my normal user name so I gotta resort to this. Thx CNN!

October 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Adele

Rumor has it.....they are finally going to shut down fake Kenny Rogers, and his merry little band of troll like hijackers! Yea!

October 19, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

How are you doing, J.R.?

October 19, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Fidllecastroforever

Communisan is the only way for America not to be the laughing stock it is

October 21, 2012 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |