October 27th, 2012

Report: Indonesia terror raids net 11 suspects

Eleven suspects were arrested Saturday as Indonesian anti-terror police carried out a series of raids which also uncovered bombs and explosives, state media reported.

Police said operations were carried out in Madiun, East Java, Solo in Central Java, Bogor in West Java and Palmerah, as well as Kebong Kacang in Jakarta, according to the official Antara news agency.

"Explosives have been found in the form of bombs or materials ready for use," National Police headquarters spokesman Insp. Gen. Suhardi Alius is quoted as saying.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Indonesia • Terrorism
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

Here is a moral question for you. This is an imaginary situation, but it may be interesting deciding what you would do.
    The situation: You are in the Midwest, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised, and infrastructure destroyed. Let's say you're a photographer out getting still photos for a news service, traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes. If you were to stumble across Mitt Romney struggling to keep from being swept away in a raging river and you had a choice of rescuing him or getting a Pulitzer prize-winning photograph of the death of a Presidenial candidate, what shutter speed would you use?

October 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

BOBCAT!!!
      Lmao!
      I don't want him to *win*, but I don't wish him *dead*...

October 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(in a hat) I'm glad that you had a great vacation. Excellent that Pookie was such a good traveler. I've been in my new location for about 7 days after accepting a fantastic job offer. Fortunately I took out a renters insurance on this place and the important stuff was in boxes. So everything that matters to me is with me now. Wow, you lived in a cave? That had to be an amazing experience. Now try not to laugh too hard but I am staying with a relative who is a priest until this monster blows out of here. So it's me, a couple of priests, all of our pets, their dogs are afraid of my cats. At least I have my own room but the winds and rain are unbelievable even here 80 miles inland.

October 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy
      I just couldn't resist that one.

@ dazzle
      I'm doing my best to stifle my laughter over your situation, but dang it's hard. But I know too that you have been (ahem) blessed.

October 27, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

*groan* @ bobcat! Much as i dislike that pud my camera would be floatin and id be draggin his sorry behind to dry land.

October 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. chrissy

Ive sure missed alot i guess. @ dazzle, youve relocated AGAIN?

October 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. dazzle ©

@chrissy, yes I did. I've always been a bit of a Bohemian. @bobcat(in a hat), no worries I'm laughing as I type. Considering that he wants to save this wayward Catholic. Oh man, family, mine is now very close to me.

October 27, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. chrissy

@ dazzle, so WHERE are you living now? And what was with the renters insurance thing, or was that a joke i missed?

October 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. banasy©

Plenty of people care; however, if your slant is that there is indeed a coverup, Fox News has that for you.
    Why post here if you dislike CNN?

October 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. maketheewise

Reblogged this on maketheewise's Blog.

October 28, 2012 at 5:37 am | Report abuse | Reply