November 8th, 2012

Iran fighter jets fired on U.S. drone, officials tell CNN

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.

The incident raises fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.

You can read more about the incident on our Security Clearance blog.

1. BOMBO ©

Why didn't Carter invade in 1979 when they committed an act of war by invading the US embassy? None of this other stuff would be happening now. Iran would be a stable democracy by now.

November 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • isa rod looksgood

Same reason obummer won't... 1 they are weak... 2 neither Perez was worth a crap and the world knows it.

November 8, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Isa:
      Goody!
      Now you have four more years to kvetch!
      You're welcome.

November 8, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

Show me where in CNN's guidelines it says we can't call the invasion of an embassy an act of war. It absolutely is. And Carter let them get away with it.

November 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Well, golly gee willikers...we can see this post just dandy....I can only imagine that nobody wants to travel to whatever little "country" your mind inhabits, anyway...

@BOMBO:
    Lol.
    Stable.
    Yeah.

November 8, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Hide Behind

@Bombo
    While those at CBN are not fools and monitor the postings to fit their "guidelines" I hope this one time they slip.
    BOMBO I would call you a fool but I would not want to insult them!

November 8, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

I see you have still not grasped BOMBO'S wit and sarcasm, HB.

November 8, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

Posted reply in wrong spot. See above. Banasy, I know I'm often sarcastic on here, but not this time. I truly believe if Carter had responded swiftly with force, things would have been better the past few decades. Many of the problems we've had since then are due to terrorists thinking that they can get away with doing whatever they want.

November 8, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

All right, Bombo, I took your post the wrong way, then.
      Unfortunately, that was a tumultuous time; it was right after the Shah's being deposed, and I am not sure what, exactly, was the reason Jimmy Carter wasn't more aggressive with the hostage situation; he was rather an ineffectual President.
      I do not think that the area would be any more stable now, even in he did quash this situation; I don't think any ME country truly craves American-style democracy.

November 8, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

We'll never know for sure. But one day things will stabilize. I just think there are certain absolutes when it comes to foreign policy, and invasion of one's territory (embassy grounds qualify) is one. And before HB or saywhat bring it up, I'll agree in advance, the US cold war tactics of supporting anti-Moscow dicatorships lead directly to the Iranian revolution.

November 8, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Alan

Another act of war carried out by the evil Islamic terrorists, and once again obama does nothing.

November 8, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Well, Alan, the POTUS was busy with that pesky hurricane, and I am sure he is apprised of the situation and is taking appropriate measures.
      I'm sure his phone call to you telling you what he's going to do will be coming shortly.

November 8, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ted

For all those who say Obama didn't get preferential treatment to help get him elected, I ask – Where was this last week, when we cou;ld have had one more piece of information to help with our decisions? Shameless.

November 8, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply