November 15th, 2012

BP pleads guilty to Gulf oil spill charges, agrees to pay record $4 billion

[Updated at 2:39 p.m. ET] Attorney General Eric Holder says that three BP officials were indicted on criminal charges in connection with the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

The news comes on a day when BP pleaded guilty to 14 criminal charges, including a dozen felony charges, stemming from the oil spill, and that the company agreed to pay $4 billion in fines and penalties.

CNN Money has more on the deal.

Filed under: BP • Gulf Coast Oil Spill • Justice
  1. banasy©

Would your middle name happen to be Grant?

November 15, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Rascal Rabble

can anyone tell me how you slice a 4 billion dollar pie?

November 15, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

@ BOMBO, so very true. And that would answer part of rascals question, you would take a very big slice of that pie to pay for the incarceration of all those individuals. Well gnite all, have fun solving the worlds probs. Ttyt.

November 15, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Banasy thinks I'm a freaking troll? Not today.

November 16, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

If you look at my comment times *banasy*, you'll notice I was very busy at work today, and not much time to blog.

November 16, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Remember Lobster Boy, Sept 14th? I should of quit, but you talked me out of it.

November 16, 2012 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I must have been talking to the prolifiv ID thief.
      If I offended *you*, I apologize.

November 16, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mickey1313

Good, but they should also loose all drilling rights in the us.

November 16, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Well aint that special. First you BLOCK my on topic posts, but then you promptly delete my other posts. Meanwhile the troll Fran posts stays up!

November 16, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

No wonder your ratings are tanking. If your blogging rules have changed you could at the least allow us to know them.

November 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |