November 20th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - New York expresses support for Israel - New York officials, community leaders and others will stand side-by-side with Israeli diplomats as a sign of support for Israel's right to defend itself.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: On CNN.com today
  1. RevNowWhileWeCan

Great new yorkers, send your sons. BTW if I could post links I would provide sources that show thousands of Jews and millions of people across the world that do not support this criminal regime.

November 20, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

I agree with you RevNow, they sure are not. Their outrage now is purely because GAZA surprised them with long range missiles. They have initiated most of the battles, and they pretty much initiated this one by killing one of GAZAs leaders.

November 20, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lol im not gonna jump on you for youre opinion banasy. We are allowed to have one. But this is just one event in a series of decades long events. Israel instigates ALOT of wars, and this ones been comming for quite some time.

November 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hamas instigates most of the stuff that goes on in Gaza, chrissy, which is why I put that caveat in there.
      It would be like me shooting into Ted Nugent's backyard, at him, using a freaking Daisy BB gun, knowing full well what he's packing...
      I'm not stupid enough to do that.
      This back and forth with Gaza especially escalated after they elected Hamas leadership, and no matter what Nettiboy is doing elsewhere, Palestine's hands are filthy in this latest skirmish.
      If they want peace in that region, STOP NEEDLING THE GIANT!

November 20, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

It is without queston that there is no right side side in this current conflict. Israel has been pushing too hard at times. Hamas has been instigating like forever because they want to rid the world of israel. Now ask yourself how would you react if you had hundreds of missles raining down on you and yours all the time ? Would you just sit back an say, ah that's life ? I dont think so. And the bigget reason the palestinian civilians are getting killed is because Hamas has chosen to put their war making materials in the center of civilian aeas. Israel has every right of retaliation here under the circ umsances. If the roles were reversed, I would expect nothing less from Hamas.

November 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

A mother took her little boy to church.
    While in church the little boy said, “Mommy, I have to pee.”

The mother said to the little boy, “It’s not appropriate to say the word ‘pee’ in church. So, from now on whenever you have to ‘pee’ just tell me that you have to ‘whisper’.”

The following Sunday, the little boy went to church with his father and during the service said to his father, “Daddy, I have to whisper.“

The father looked at him and said, “Okay, just whisper in my ear.”

November 20, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

November 20, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |