November 27th, 2012

Turkey, NATO to scout locations for missile protection from Syria

A NATO reconnaissance team is expected to survey the Turkish-Syrian border on Tuesday to prepare for the possible deployment of Patriot anti-aircraft missile batteries along the frontier.

Turkey has turned against its former ally, asking its fellow NATO members last week for Patriot missiles to bolster its air defenses because of several Turkish deaths blamed on Syrian forces.

FULL STORY

Filed under: World
  1. Rascal Rabble

mmmm, i hate turkey...looks too much like turn koat...

November 27, 2012 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. Benn

This was fun : ). We hope you have a happy day. Hopefully the meanies won't be so mean.

November 27, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Benn

One sure way to slow down my performance at work – a coworker acting rude. When they do that my speed reduces from 70 percent to about zero. People should be nice to each other. At work and out in the world. Kindness Counts.

November 27, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Your speed reduces *from* 70%?
      LOL!
      I see what you did there!

November 27, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

I don't know anything about you co-workers Benn, but here's an indication of what I've got to deal with:

It's only November, and they've made a majority decision to pipe Christmas music into the lab from the only radio station in Edmonton that is playing it 24 hours per day. AND they have a small playlist, so at least twice every workday I have to listen to Hippopotamus for Christmas, Paul MacCartney having a wonderful Christmastime, TWO different versions of Frosty the Snowman TWICE each, TWO different versions of Santa Baby, etc. That's going to keep melting my brain for the next few weeks. But the Burl Ives thing is pretty cool, at least.

November 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Bet I'm blocked still.

November 27, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

banasy, I honestly think this is random. Hang in there. You are the dean of this blog.

November 28, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

If Bashar is behind getting Turkey hostile than that is committing suicide.
    @banasy
    this blockade is turning bloggers off.

November 27, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@saywhat:
      I think CNN greatly overestimates blogger loyalty.
      I know they have overestimated mine.

November 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. BOMBO ©

Turkey is by some estimates the 6th most powerful military in the world. They have a long history of interfering with their neighbours. I'm sure a lot of that is done without consulting NATO.

November 27, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

If turkey is sending arms into Syria its most definitely in collaboration with countries aligned against the regime & with a nod from NATO.
    When the Syrian implosion was underway there were news that CIA was sending arms to Syrian rebels thru Turkey with Israel & S.Arabia on board.

November 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |