November 28th, 2012

Motivation guru Zig Ziglar dies at 86

Motivational speaker and author Zig Ziglar died Wednesday in Dallas "after a short bout with pneumonia," his spokesman said. He was 86.

The self-described Undisputed King of Motivation was known for his seminars, which grew into large gatherings held in packed arenas.

Ziglar wrote more than two dozen books on salesmanship and motivation over the past five decades.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

Zig Ziglar. Isn't that the name of the papers them hippies used to roll their Mar J. Wanna joints with ?

November 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

I don't know bobcat (iah), I truely believe somehow Zig met up with an even bigger motivater than him. Awe inspiring huh?

November 28, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Very awe inspiring Jeff. Just thought I'd throw some of my sick humor in there to see if I'd get a bite. Nope, no takers.

November 28, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. BOMBO ©

Wasn't he in Boogie Nights?

November 28, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Diamond Dave

Zig Ziglar was one of a kind and will be missed by all that have been touched by his life.

November 28, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • D KRueger

Zig was a great motivator. We are all better for having read his books or gone to his motivational seminars.

November 29, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. rad666

Great Quotes from Zig Ziglar 1997 on my desk

November 29, 2012 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. VegasRage

Awww, he was one of the all time great motivators!

November 29, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. ChiTownArt

I was invited to an Amway meeting 20 plus years ago and I saw Zig at that time. Didn't do the Amway thing, but I really liked his message and methodology on selling and persuading. Zig, you will be missed and I now think you will spend eternity "at the top".

November 29, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. barfly

christianity, amway, zigler, robbins, whatever works for the jonestown types

November 29, 2012 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Hawk

Lemme guess ... what motivates you, barfly, is another drink and the chance to put down anyone and everyone who isn't as drunk as you are.

November 29, 2012 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. Janet

It would have helped his cause had he not sounded like a holy-roller preacher from the deep south.

November 30, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joel

Janet,
      Zig Ziglar didn't need any help for his cause, because he took up God's cause. He carried his cross and pointed people to Jesus Christ with such genuine love and compassion.
      I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is foolishness to those that are perishing, but for those of us that are redeemed, it is the power of God unto salvation.
      Zig has left a wonderful legacy, and is enjoying his rewards in heaven with God Almighty.
      God bless him, and God bless all of the 'holy-roller preachers from the deep south'!!!
      Jesus IS Lord of ALL!!!!

December 20, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. GulpOff

Ziegfield girls - what? No relation? OK, so WHO?

December 3, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |