November 28th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - Amtrak reorganization hearing - What does the future hold for America's national rail service?  Amtrak officials will testify before the House Transportation Committee.

11:35 am ET - Obama pushes for tax cuts - If a deal is reached to avert the fiscal cliff, what will be included in such an agreement?  President Obama will encourage Congress not to get rid of middle class tax cuts in a White House event.

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The fiscal cliff crisis, as well as the situations in Egypt and Gaza, will likely dominate Press Secretary Jay Carney's daily briefing.

1:30 pm ET - Military families honored at White House - First lady Michelle Obama welcomes military families for a tour of the White House.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Economy • Finance • On CNN.com today • Politics • Taxes
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ chrissy

Oh man, that is just too flippin funny. Thank you, I really needed that. And I really have missed your Quirky News of the Day reports. Please keep it up.

November 28, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. banasy©

Dearest bobcat, I feel exactly the same.
    I remember when you first came on as bobcat2u.
    Hopefully, TJI will get its groove back.

Chrissy:
    Are you even KIDDING me????
    Omg, what people will do...

November 28, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy

That seems like forever ago, doesnt it ? I've always loved meeting new people, even in an anonymous form such as this. I hope one day we'll all be allowed to converse the way we used to.
      Oh and BTW. Check out the blog on Chaves and tell what you think ?

November 28, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

What? A comment of mine that hasn't been deleted yet?
      They have deleted every other single comment I have made.
      Tsk, tsk, they're slipping.

November 29, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

Come on CNN, this blocking is a bore.

November 28, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

Last nites was much better. The best things about quirky news is they are true. But thanks, ill do my best.

November 28, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. chrissy

Little mister, my father passed away and im not trying to have him replaced thank you.

November 29, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply