Powerball winners claim half of record prize
November 30th, 2012

Powerball winners claim half of record prize

"I think we're going to have a pretty good Christmas," Cindy Hill joked Friday, just minutes after a Missouri lottery official announced that Hill and her family had won half of the record $587.5 million Powerball jackpot.

"We're still stunned by what's happened. It's surreal," Hill said. "Every once in a while you look at each other and say, 'Did we really win that money?'" said the Dearborn, Missouri, resident.

Seated at a table at Dearborn's North Platte R-1 High School, Hill, her husband, Mark, their three grown sons, Jason, Cody and Jarod, and their adopted 6-year-old daughter, Jaiden, joyfully answered questions from the media.

FULL STORY
  1. mr1tony

that's nice congratulations-but what do we do who will not have a Christmas?

November 30, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bless The Policeman

Keep trying, buy lotto again, you may never know.

December 1, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

NOT!

November 30, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

little mister: YOU know Right now those people are SO FULL OF money, by Saturday tHey'll have IT all spent. your three girlfriends are taking this comment and joining the capital letters together.

November 30, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

Lmao @ JF, how funny is that huh? And im wondering where husbands fit into his equation cuz 2 of the trio are married lol.

November 30, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

chrissy: Bi

November 30, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. fart man frank

they should do their american duties and give that back to our country to help us all get out of debt a little.

November 30, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. chrissy

Lol @ JF, boy you are at the top of your game today! H-5 to you! ;)

November 30, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. banasy©

Congratulations to the winners; I hope they do some good with some of that money.

I assure you, JF and chrissy, my husband would pulverize that squonk if he came near either of us.

December 1, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. chrissy

Squonk? Lol now thats a good one, i like that.

December 1, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

While traveling cross country, a couple decided to stop for a cup of coffee in a local diner somewhere in Texas. While they were sitting at a booth near the counter sipping their coffee, a local cowboy stumbled in and headed for the closest stool at the counter. As he lifted his leg over the stool, he cut one of the loudest farts ever heard by a human. The tourist jumped up and screamed, "Sir, how dare you fart before my wife!"

The cowboy stopped, tipped his hat politely and said, "Beggin' yer pardon, ma'am...I didn't know we was a takin' turns."

December 1, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • john williams

What does this have to do with the story?

December 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. fernace

Lol, bobcat (iah), good 1! In Texas we do it bigger! Big Texas ups to banasy, Squonk in now my favorite word & will be using it liberally! (Befitting since I'm a liberal, in Tx no less :) )! I'm just putting y'all on notice that I plan to win a lottery soon (lol) & will be putting my $$$ where my mouth is! IOW, I'll take care of family 1st, then homeless issues, violence/inequality against women of the world issues & feeding starving kids, of course! I wish I could do it right now, but even w/out $ I support these causes! Right now I feel rich just having a great family & wonderful friends, who are like family! It's what makes the world go 'round! Since it's Dec.1 today, I'll say Happy Holidays to All, Including CNN!!

December 1, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Hi, fernace!
      Happy Holidays to you, too.
      I wish I could take credit for squonk, but I can't; it's a song by Genesis.
      Great word, though! :)

December 1, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, ty. And helloooo @ fernace, happy holidays to you as well.

December 1, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. bobcat (in a ha)©

Little Johnny's father asks him if he knows about the birds and the bees.

"I don't want to know!" Little Johnny says, bursting into tears.

Confused, his father asks what's wrong.

"Oh, Dad," Little Johnny sobs, "first, there was no Santa Claus, then no Easter Bunny, and finally, no Tooth Fairy. If you're about to tell me that grownups don't really have se x, I've got nothing left to believe in."

December 1, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Bless The Policeman

I thinks this family are simple, humble, and god-fearing that is why they all have the blessings. Happy Christmas!

December 1, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Pippa

And, NOBODY finds winning this amount of money OBSCENE?

December 2, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply