Kate Middleton is pregnant, palace confirms
December 3rd, 2012

Kate Middleton is pregnant, palace confirms

Britain's Prince William and Catherine Middleton are expecting their first child after 19 months of marriage, the palace announced Monday.

The royal revelation came as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, was admitted to a central London hospital with acute morning sickness. She is expected to be there for several days, the palace announcement said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Kate Middleton • Prince William • United Kingdom
  1. jj

Congrats to the royal couple

December 3, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. ThatGuy

This is "breaking news?" "Breaking news" that trumps and removes from a prominant place on the page items dealing with the fiscal cliff and turmoil in the middle east?

Our media's (and, in general, our nation's citizenry's) interest in another country's show-figure rich people is embarrasing.

December 3, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. ceramicbisque

Oh please! The rest of us women get acute morning sickness, we are prescribed anti nausea pills if it persists- but admitted to the hospital for days? Pampered is putting it mildly. I'm disappointed in Kate if she can't handle this. I can't WAIT until she has to give birth.

December 3, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Simpson mama

I knew a young lady who was in hospital for a whole month then on bed rest for the
      rest of the pregnancy because of severe morning sickness. So, let's not be so
      quick to judge.

December 3, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Jo Ann

Cut her some slack. Most women have some morning sickness, but some have such a severe case that they become dehydrated. Even here, some women have to be admitted to the hospital.

December 3, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest231

You really are an idiot! Get your facts straight. Every woman reacts differently. A good friend was in the hospital for months because of acute morning sickness. I am sure Kate would rather be at home enjoying her pregnancy and not in the hospital.

December 3, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Jo Ann

And, by the way, as someone who did have severe morning sickness, I thought giving birth was a walk in the park compared to the difficult pregnancy.

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Janet Asay

I was a young serviceman's wife when I was hospitalized with severe hyperemesis of pregnancy - couldn't even keep water down and could barely walk. I was desperately ill. If you haven't been there, you have no idea!

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Reah

Thats just sad!! We as a society cant just be happy for someone else.

December 3, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • jean

Not true. There is a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum, which is severe, uncontrolled morning sickness, where you cannot keep anything down at all, including water, so that you become severely dehydrated and malnourished. My sister had it, and I had it. It is absolutely awful. I was able to take anti-nausea medication, so just managed to keep out of the hospital, but was dreadfully ill. At the time my sister had it, her doctors would not prescribe anti-nausea medication because of fear of lawsuits if there was anything wrong with the baby. My sister had to be be in the hospital several times to be on IV fluids. I suspect that they are loathe to give Kate strong anti-nausea medication out of an abundance of caution, so she needs to be given IV fluids and nutrition. The worst thing about this condition is that unlike ordinary morning sickness it often does not end the entire pregnancy. I was still throwing up regularly in my seventh month. Have some sympathy.

December 3, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • What?

First, many of us would refuse "pills" if offered. Second, in addition to suffering severe dehydration, I pulled muscles in my back because of morning sickness (the retching was quite violent). For me, the severe morning sickness was debilitating and dangerous (due to dehydration), but I needed no pain medication for the deliveries. I don't condemn women who do... just realize we're all different.

December 3, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Simpson mama

This is wonderful news; lots of rumors have been around. Poor Kate, that morning sickness
    can be just debilitating........
    All those people who say it's not news..... why are you so negative? This is a lovely couple
    whom the world loves...... don't be such grinches!

December 3, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. Safe in Texas

I should be but am not due to the fact that people do NOT have manners or grace, shocked at the horrible things being said here. You people are just plain sad.

December 3, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ben

All royalty needs to do to be successful in life is breed.....

December 3, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. upside down

The "royals" are the only white, privileged people CNN praises.

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  8. Linda

Congratulations to them both and I hope she gets over this acute morning sickness! I think they will be amazing parents and she will be a stunning Mommy!!

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  9. Prince

Let hope it is a heathy girl.

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sara

Congrats but women have morning sickness all the tine and deal with it!

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. Linda E

This is great news!!!! Finally, hope this time it is true. Congratulations.

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kim

Congratulations William and Kate! Do take care of yourselves as well as the baby. :)

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ezra

Congrats to Kate and William...Princess Diana would have been very happy for them. This is good news. :) So happy for them. :)

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Why?

December 3, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Why Not?

December 3, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Because none of you know them, so why act like you do?

December 3, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. Carol

Right, who cares, we couldn't wait to get of the English and now we follow every stupid move they make.

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • pippin

Carol love, not every move we make is stupid.And you don't have to follow us anyway you can follow Sandusky or O.J or just work until you're 85 so that you can pay your medical bills and try to avoid going bankrupt.

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Lulu

I'm assured by friends across the Pond that they do the same regarding US celebrities & such. It's a classic case of "the grass is greener ...."

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  15. lisa

Wonderful news for them. May they be blessed with a healthy happy child.

December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |