Kate Middleton is pregnant, palace confirms
December 3rd, 2012

Kate Middleton is pregnant, palace confirms

Britain's Prince William and Catherine Middleton are expecting their first child after 19 months of marriage, the palace announced Monday.

The royal revelation came as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, was admitted to a central London hospital with acute morning sickness. She is expected to be there for several days, the palace announcement said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Kate Middleton • Prince William • United Kingdom
  1. Jennifer

That is wonderful news! I think Kate will be a wonderful mother. She is just stunning. And I am sure William will be an excellent father. Unfortunately Harry has a lot to learn. It's sad to see what happened to him. His brother has been a lot more stable.

December 3, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Bee

Even so, Harry will be a good uncle.

December 3, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. 3Sto

Hopefull looks like her

December 3, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. Libdumb

The privileged on welfare. Who cares. They are born into Royalty. Kind of like our leaders. They used to be self-made people.

December 3, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. Allana

Admitted to the hospital for "morning sickness"? LOL. Good luck with the actual birthing process Kate.

December 3, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Rachael

It's fairly common, actually. If you have severe vomiting that can't be controlled, it's easy to get dehydrated. It's not the usual morning sickness.

December 3, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • crezba

There is a syndrome called hyperemesis gravidarum that affects pregnant women. It can cause severe dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities and is basically a form severe "morning sickness".

December 3, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Liz

Many woman have morning sickness so severe they become dehydrated and can even have convulsions. My sister in law is one. Don't be so sarcastic about something you don't know about.

December 3, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Alicia

Clearly, you've never experienced hyperemesis gravidarum, or, if not that severe of a diagnosis, than severe nausea and vomiting due to pregnancy. It can get serious quickly.

But have fun with your ignorance.

December 3, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • elena

hahahah!!

December 3, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • BK

Hyperemesis is no joke. I was admitted for IV fluids and anti-nausea drugs several times in my pregnancy.

December 3, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • laura

Two totally different issues. I had to be admitted to the hospital to get IV fluids for morning sickness on several occasions. However, I delivered my baby totally drug free. Severe dehydration needs to be treated – it's not a matter of "toughness."

December 3, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • elena

baby girl perhab :)

December 3, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Jo Ann

While most women have at least occasional queasiness during pregnancy, severe morning sickness is a different story. In the worst cases, it persists all day for months, the woman can't even keep water down, she becomes dehydrated, and the health of both mother and baby is endangered. I had severe morning sickness and I thought giving birth was a cakewalk in comparison to the difficult pregnancy.

December 3, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • cristylcsw

Not being snarky, but she actually has hyperemesis gravidarum which is morning sickness to the point you can't keep anything down and you actually get dehydrated. You're basically throwing up all the time and can't even keep water down. =/

December 3, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • kem

I was hospitalized for morning sickness during my last pregnancy. I was throwing up so much and so frequently that I couldn't keep water down and had to be hospitalized due to severe dehydration. I had to be fed intravenously to get my sodium and electrolyte counts back up to where they needed to be. Morning (all day – not just the morning!) sickness can be a big deal!

December 3, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Allana, I'm guessing you've never dealt with serious morning sickness which can cause persistent nausea and vomiting to where a woman will become severely dehydrated or avoid food/water to prevent the vomiting resulting in dehydration + weight loss. Obviously, neither of these are good for the mother or the fetus. It's comments like yours that make women think they need to "buck up and endure it, it's just morning sickness" to a point where they put their health and that of their growing baby at risk. Kate will probably rest, receive IV fluids and work with her doctors to control the nausea so she can have a healthy, happy pregnancy.

December 3, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Megan

Severe morning sickness can lead to dehydration just like the stomach flu. It's entirely possible she'll do fine for the birth but dehydration can cause all kinds of problems including an irregular heartbeat. Her doctors probably wanted here there for IVs and monitoring.

December 3, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • kpt

My prayers go out to Kate, for a healthy child. I hope she feels better soon.
      Acute morning sickness can be a sign of a healthy pregnancy, with hormone levels high, but it can also bring serious complications, with weight loss and nutritional deficits. A friend of mine had acute morning sickness and her child was born with autism , and severe allergies.

December 3, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. it's me

...what the hell are you talking about ?

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. cWhatsNew

So happy for Kate and the whole family! Dianna would have been as well!

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. Plumbline

Good for them.......God Bless them.....

Proverbs 5:18
    ... Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice with the wife of your youth.

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. Amanda

That's awesome for them. How sweet. But I totally feel poor Kate's pain. I had severe hyperemsis while pregnant. It's a good sign for a healthy baby, however. I hope she feels better soon!!

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ginney Keller

Congratulations!!! We are so very excited for you and your family. Have a great pregnancy. Our love, ginney

December 3, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. Disanitnodicos

It is going to be so embarrassing when the baby is black.

December 3, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. subon

Oh god we are saved, now i dont have to worry about fiscal cliff !!

December 3, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  12. M

Why can't people just be happy for them? The poor girl has unbelievable pressure to produce a kid... give her a break!

December 3, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • wilfredrabbit

She knew that when she took the job on though....poor girl will have to endure a lot more than us lot having a go at her. The never-ending sniping by the press begins right now!

December 3, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Marty Dean

Talk about a lucky little soul, that baby will live a life everyone dreams of. I hope the child is healthy and grows to make the world a better place.

December 3, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  14. The Lawman

lol...after the intel is sent to the UN about the Queen's indiscretions in 1965....what is the matter my Queen?

December 3, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |