December 4th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

10:00 am ET - Lessons from Hurricane Sandy hearing - Hurricane Sandy has come and gone, and now the federal government is taking a look at how the country prepared, responded and recovered from the storm.  The House Transportation Committee holds a hearing on the issue.

11:30 am ET (estimate) - Governors discuss fiscal cliff - Six U.S. governors address reporters outside the White House following talks with President Obama on fiscal cliff fears.

5:00 pm ET - Capitol Christmas Tree lighting ceremony - Lawmakers and others gather outside the U.S. Capitol building for the lighting of the 2012 Capitol Christmas Tree.

7:30 pm ET - GOP lawmakers discuss policy - The 2012 presidential election may have ended a month ago, but already there are those prognosticating who may seek the White House in 2016.  Two of those alleged frontrunners, GOP Rep. Paul Ryan and Sen. Marco Rubio, address an awards dinner.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Budget • Economy • Finance • On CNN.com today • Politics • Superstorm Sandy • Taxes • Weather
  1. Someone

Ok. Tax the wealthy more. Great! Wonderful! That will save a trillion dollars over a TEN year period. Wonderful right? Wrong! The Obama admin spends well over a trillion in just one year. These clowns cannot be serious with that kind of assinine proposal. So bring on the dumb comments but you cannot deny this is so ignorant beyond belief

December 4, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a ha)©

You said to bring on the dumb comments. Well, it's looks like you are the first one.

December 4, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a ha)©

Two blondes were driving down the road.
    The blonde driving looks at her friend in the passenger seat and asks her to see if her blinker is working. So the blonde looks out the window and says, "Yes. No. Yes. No."

December 4, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anyone

Hey kitty cat. Quit stealing readers digest jokes and respond to the truthful statement made by "someone"

December 4, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Do you understand the words "BITE ME" ? You post what you want, and I will do the same. K ?

December 4, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. Virtual Reality

Q: What do you call a bunch of blondes standing ear to ear?

A: A wind tunnel!

December 4, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a ha)©

Ha

December 4, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a ha)©

A blonde goes on a hot date and ends up making out with the guy in his car. The guy asks if she would like to go in the backseat.

"No!" yells the blonde.

Things get even hotter, and the guy asks again.

"For the last time, no!" says the blonde. Frustrated, the guy asks, "Well, why the hell not?"

The blonde says, "Because I wanna stay up here with you!"

December 4, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. chrissy

Question: WHY do they make blonde jokes, one liners? Answer: So MEN can understand them!

December 4, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

That's a good one. How are you my friend ?

December 4, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

@chrissy
    lol.Good one
    @bobcat
    Keep us smiling friend.

December 4, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I am trying my best, my friend, but CNN just making it so difficult anymore.

December 4, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

Fiscal cliff or fiscal mount we just don't bother.
    "US is building a $100 million bunker at a secret missile site in Israel for them" strangely code named 'site 911'.
    "$ 10 billion set aside to upgrade our nuclear arsenal'.
    Just news I thought I'll share.

December 4, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. saywhat

Comments are being blocked.Strange for CNN. lol

December 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. saywhat

What fiscal cliff?
    "$10 billion set aside for upgrading our nuclear arsenal"
    " US building $100 million bunker at a secret site for Israel"

December 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ saywhat

I tried to ask your feelings on the alledged Syrian chemical weapons threat and our military response threat, but as normal I was blocked.
    How does CNN expect us to discuss issues if they won't let us discuss issues ?

December 4, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chrissy

Stifle the masses? Lol @ bobcat and @ saywhat, look around my friends, WE are the masses. And i told you bobcat, that Israel was gonna take us down with them, you didnt believe. Settin us up is what Netanyhafoolio is doing!

December 4, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I agree chrissy and it all has to do with that stupid superst ition that if we don't stand with Israel, we also will fall. I've always called that bunk, but that bunk is drawing us right into the center of this crap.
      I understand the concept of us having Israels back if they are straight on attacked, but if they flat out instigate it, then that's their problem. Unfortunately our hawks don't look at it that way.
      I also feel like once Israel feels totally protected by the "iron dome", they will make a pre-emptive strike on Iran. That is not too far into 2013 I believe.

December 4, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

Yeah, I guess I do mean especially. Geez, I sure do miss all of our friends on here.

December 4, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Patrick

me too

December 4, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

@ bobcat, me too. But i still am able to talk to banasy. And dazzle, raven, and superman at least. Just not a group conversation.

December 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Hamsta

Hello everyone ( Bobcat, Chrissy, Saywhat and so on) good night to you. Let me ask you a few questions. First, what happened to the world when Rome fell. Answer: the world fell into the dark ages. Obama thinks that by bringing America down to the level of the rest of the world that the rest of the world will come up. Again what happened to the rest of the world when Rome fell? Since it is a common belief today that capitalism is evil and socialism is good I must ask next if you like being able to drive your car home at night, get some food out of your refrigerator, turn on a light, and yoir tv while you enjoy your dinner that you didn't have to kill or grow today and eat before tomorrow so it doesn't go bad? American capitalism invented all of that while socialist Europe was building bullwarks and gullags. Capitalism allows for progress and socialism stops progress in its tracks. So why did you reelect the socialist antichrist who is intentionally destroying America? For a footnote Sandy was no superstorm, by Louisiana's standards. For all you east coasters, take a look around you and realize the destruction you see is minor compared to what Katrina did to us. I'm not going to return the hatred that was thrown at me after Katrina but I will tell you that what you experienced during Sandy is just a small taste of what louisiana considers a minor inconvenience. Sandy was barely a hurricane. 13 foot storm surge? That's nothing compared to the 27 foot stormsurge Katrina brought us.

December 4, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. chrissy

So now we have toddlers blogging?? 2 and 3 yr olds, dang they learn young lmao.

December 4, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply