December 7th, 2012

Friday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

Ongoing coverage - Crisis in Egypt

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Budget • Economy • Egypt • Finance • On CNN.com today • Politics • Taxes
  1. Patrick

I am. I'm a seafood chef. I cook up shrimp and fish and clams and oysters.

December 7, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. ronvan

Good one banasy: I won't even make a comment on the SUBJECT, as we are once again off topic!

December 7, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

Sad, banasy's granddaughter has more poise in her little fingers than all of you Jackers put together.
    @ banasy, I see you've been left with knuckle heads to babysit ...
    Good morning all and have a pleasant weekend...
    Btw, Wishing Noam Chomsky a Happy Birthday.

December 7, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

And the President and Congress already KNOW what they need to do to avoid this *fiscal cliff* as they call it. Its just a matter of them actually doing what they need to do, and putting the Country ahead of theirselves!

December 7, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Chrissy:
    I was jacked, even though he posted in blue.
    In keeping with CNN's policy, it was allowed.
    TJI isn't worth the time it took to answer your post, so I'll not be staying.
    Have a lovely day.

December 7, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

And, as usual, I was blocked.
    Chrissy, I haven't posted today; it posted in blue, and I would never talk about short school buses.

December 7, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasyç

Leo:
    Please show me where I said anything like that all.
    Thank you.

December 7, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

This was me; wrong symbol.

Not dazzle at 8:43.
    T J I, clean up your act, already.

December 7, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

Good morning folks.Good to see you all here in spite of CNN trying otherwise.
    As for the "cliff'. We 'commoners' don't have much of a say in what goes on in the august halls up on the HILL or in the affairs of this nation for that matter.
    keep your fingers crossed.

December 7, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

My post too is not getting thru.
    Let me just say its good to see you all here.

December 7, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

Just after the maid had been fired.

She took five bucks from her purse, she threw it to Fido, the family dog.

When asked why by her former employer, she answered, "I never forget a friend. This was for helping me clean the dishes all the time!"

December 7, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

A 3-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West.

He slides up to the bar and says:

"I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

December 7, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

A man has an hour to kill before his flight to Los Angeles. He decides to kill some time at an airport bar. He walks in and sits down next to a clearly nervous guy, who has three empty whisky glasses in front of him. The man introduces himself to the nervous guy, and buys him a drink. The man asks, "Nervous about flying?"

The nervous guy replies, "N-n-nervous? I'm t-terrified. I just know the p-plane is g-going t-to crash and we're g-going to d-die."

"Is this your first time flying?"

"N-no, I fly c-cross-c-country all the t-time. It's m-my job."

"Why don't you just ask your boss if you can drive cross- country?"

"H-he would never l-let me do that"

"Why not?" asks the man.

The nervous guy replies, "B-because, I'm the p-pilot

December 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

This one is reeeeeaaaaally old.

There were two strangers sitting in a bar, one says to the other.

"Psst, wanna see somethin'?" The other man shrugged and agreed.
    The first man pointed to an object covered by a cloth.

"Look under that cloth but DO NOT take it off.
    So the man walks over to the object that is quite large and peeks under it.
    Â However, when he saw what was under it he screamed and accidentally pulled the cloth off.

It was a one eyed purple monster! The man was so scared he took off in his car.

The monster was hot on his trail.

He drove to the airport and on the plane he felt safe but he looked into the ocean and the monster was swimming after him to Africa! When he got there he ran off the plane without his luggage.

He couldn't run anymore and the monster was coming closer.

He could feel it's hot breath.

He stopped and the monsters big hand reached down.

The man knew this was his last day when he heard in a growling voice as an impact hit him, YOUR IT! And the monster ran away.

December 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

@saywhat:
    Nice to see you, too.
    That's if this post gets through: I'm not a j a c k e r.

Rawr: