Etan Patz suspect pleads not guilty
Etan Patz was 6 years old when he disappeared in 1979.
December 12th, 2012
04:15 PM ET

Etan Patz suspect pleads not guilty

The man accused of killing 6-year-old Etan Patz pleaded not guilty to two counts of murder and one count of kidnapping in the 1979 case.

Pedro Hernandez was indicted last month by a grand jury after he confessed in May to killing the child, though his attorney said his client had falsely confessed.

Hernandez's next court appearance is scheduled for January 30.

Hernandez - who was a stock clerk in Lower Manhattan in May of 1979 - admitted that he choked the boy after luring him into the basement of the grocery store, police said.

FULL STORY
soundoff (No Responses)

Post a comment


 

CNN welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.