December 21st, 2012

Friday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - School safety forum - In the wake of the Newtown shooting, Education Secretary Arne Duncan will address a Washington on the need for comprehensive protocols and policies to protect students from violence and crime.

9:12 am ET - Space station docking - A Soyuz spacecraft carrying the newest crew members for the international space station docks at the station.

9:30 am ET - Moment of silence for Newtown - People across the United States and around the world observe a moment of silence in memory fo the victims of the Newtown, Connecticut, shooting.

10:00 am ET - Boehner briefing - Now that his Plan B proposal appears to be kaput, what's House Speaker John Boehner's next move on the fiscal cliff crisis?  He'll speak about that at a Capitol Hill briefing.

10:45 am ET - NRA news conference - In the wake of the Newtown shooting, the National Rifle Association holds a news conference in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Budget • Connecticut • Crime • Economy • Finance • Gun violence • On CNN.com today • Politics • Taxes • U.S.
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy and chrissy

How are you doing tonite my friends. I had posted a really funny joke earlier today, but as you can see someone has again taken umbrage. Also, a certain somebody who thinks thes boards are for personal consperacy theories has had some, ahem, things to say also.
    Many of the posts are now gone, but I found the conversation to be quite humorous.

December 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. s kel

damn bobcat (in a hat) chrissy to me to log in and see the crazy things being said on this thread , but it got deleated. I was out in the cold stringing Christmas lights.

December 21, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey s kel
      How are you doing ? You really didn't miss that much. Just the same ole crapolla when it comes to him.

December 21, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 1608

The spokesperson is a fool. My loves are out of school, but i would not like to have guns in k-12.

December 21, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. 1608

Sorry the nra spokesperson.

December 21, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

Well what the heck is going on ? First my joke was there. Then it was gone. Now it's back again. CNN is making me crazy.

December 21, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Wow! What a mess this thread became huh? So its almost 9 guess i should figure out wth these SSRIs are and see if i can get me some so i can out as delusional as some of these bloggers, eh @ bobcat? lol sorry s kel you woulda lol and the daytripper here!

December 21, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@chrissy

Man, it's hard to tell who is talking to who now. One of my original posts is now at the bottom here. Geesh
      BTW, they put my joke back up on the previous page. You should check it out before it's gone again.

December 21, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lol thanks for returning bobcats funnies! Ty bobcat for posting them in the lst place. And @ s kel, the daytrippers posts are back too! Lmao.

December 21, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Okay, disregard my previous post. I see you commented on my joke.

December 21, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Lmao, this joint is outta control aint it @ bobcat? Reminds me of the 70s when no one made any sense lol. Hey is pepcid an SSRI??

December 21, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

It makes me wonder if they have "un"trained monkeys running the joint. Pepcid is probably as much of an SSRI as Carters Little Liver pills.

December 21, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

lol @ dazzle, remember people freaking out on the Y2K thing? And yet nothin! Some ppl get off on doom being around every corner! Maybe its flashbacks from their youth, especially the throwbacks from woodstock lol!

December 21, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey dazzle
    Man I'm glad you showed up. We just don't get a chance to talk anymore. How are you doing ? How is our Victoria ?
    Did you see my jokes on the previous page ? How are you with your new start ? Am I asking to many questions ? BTW The Santa Clause one I put up there almost with Elmo.

December 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

uhoh awaiting moderation! Guess i shouldnt have said wood s t o c k in my post huh?

December 21, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

So whats next? Little green men in flying teacups and saucers did it? Philip, if what you said was true it sure woulda made national news!

December 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

You are obese, America. How can you possibly represent mankind.

December 21, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

Oh, and on the doomsday thing, I still have thirty minutes to go here. Here's hoping ? I won't be comfortable until it passes 9;00 on the west coast.

December 21, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

How do YOU represent mankind, is the bigger question? And if you dont like America i dont think anyone would fight you about leaving! You spout all this garbage, and not one source to back up what YOU (who wasnt there) claimed happened!

December 21, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |