December 21st, 2012

Friday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - School safety forum - In the wake of the Newtown shooting, Education Secretary Arne Duncan will address a Washington on the need for comprehensive protocols and policies to protect students from violence and crime.

9:12 am ET - Space station docking - A Soyuz spacecraft carrying the newest crew members for the international space station docks at the station.

9:30 am ET - Moment of silence for Newtown - People across the United States and around the world observe a moment of silence in memory fo the victims of the Newtown, Connecticut, shooting.

10:00 am ET - Boehner briefing - Now that his Plan B proposal appears to be kaput, what's House Speaker John Boehner's next move on the fiscal cliff crisis?  He'll speak about that at a Capitol Hill briefing.

10:45 am ET - NRA news conference - In the wake of the Newtown shooting, the National Rifle Association holds a news conference in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Budget • Connecticut • Crime • Economy • Finance • Gun violence • On CNN.com today • Politics • Taxes • U.S.
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

I am so proud of our girl, excuse me, young lady. I am certainly glad to hear things are doing well for you. As for me, the storms rocked us pretty good, but we got no damage. My class is doing great. It is so nice to continuously get students who actually seem to give a darn about their chosen field. Those top two I told you about from my last class have been a blessing to me. I let them take the lead for the biggest and I just monitor and mentor.

December 21, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. s kel

I feel like driving down to north capitol and H st inDC where I CNN is , at least the DC branch ,across fron Union Station and protest all the post being deleated from here.

December 21, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

lunacy equals more drama, more exciting news and blogs. Well gotta go back out in the cold to string more lights.

December 21, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. s kel

bobcat dazzle, glad to hear your families are doing good, its early but I wish both of you and your famlies a Happy Holiday!

December 21, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Thank you s kel. And the same to you and yours.

December 21, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

Okay, it is now past 9:00 and the mothership has showed up, so I guess I'm safe until the next doomsday prediction.

December 21, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

This is crazy. They moved our last two post down to the bottom of this page. It's getting to the point where we mind have to start looking on the other stories to see what we said on this one.

December 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

lol ok guys its been fun, not exactly jolly good fun but fun. And im pretty sure i got no SSRIs wth they are so its 2 unisom for me and ill see yall tomorrow! Psst, its past 9 and we are still here, take that mayans! Gnite guys!

December 21, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Good night chrissy.

December 21, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle
    I'm trying to respond to you, but now they've blocked me.

December 21, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

@ dazzle ©, Good to see you back. @ bobcat (in a hat)©, Hello

dazzle ©, I hardly think that asprin would do the same damage that an "ANTIDEPRESSANT-INDUCED VIOLENCE "
    If it will go thru I'd like to post the most recent news letter I received from Dr. Tracy, if it doesn't I will try an excerpt

December 21, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

@ bobcat (in a hat)©, I believe Cnn has targeted me as well.

December 21, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Mary

I don't know what the problem is with CNN lately. It doesn't seem to matter what you want to post.

December 21, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

Cnn is not letting me post this EXTREMELY important information.
    I may be a liar at times, but Cnn takes the cake when we are not allowed to post. Please fix the issues tech 1 2 and 3
    I'm assuming there is a "1" and " since I spoke to a #3 lol

December 21, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mary

What patients on antidepressants and their families are not being told and desperately need to be warned of is the REM Sleep Behavior Disorder which is basically where patients act out nightmares.

December 21, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

Considering the time of day this shooting happened that could easily have been what happened to this young man. That is a condition where you act out your nightmares.

December 21, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

Restless leg syndrome is often the first sign of this developing in a patient. another sign is very vivid dreams.

December 21, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

86% are taking an antidepressant making these drugs the most common denominator.

December 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mary

See Mary pulling out her hair to get the last part of this paragraph posted!
    Gn all