EPA administrator leaving post after State of the Union
December 27th, 2012

EPA administrator leaving post after State of the Union

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson announced that she is leaving her post after the State of the Union Address, according to a release on the Agency's website.

Her statement in full is below:

I want to thank President Obama for the honor he bestowed on me and the confidence he placed in me four years ago this month when he announced my nomination as Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. At the time I spoke about the need to address climate change, but also said: “There is much more on the agenda: air pollution, toxic chemicals and children’s health issues, redevelopment and waste-site cleanup issues, and justice for the communities who bear disproportionate risk.” As the President said earlier this year when he addressed EPA’s employees, “You help make sure the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat are safe. You help protect the environment not just for our children but their children. And you keep us moving toward energy independence…We have made historic progress on all these fronts.” So, I will leave the EPA confident the ship is sailing in the right direction, and ready in my own life for new challenges, time with my family and new opportunities to make a difference.

You can read more on our Political Ticker blog.

1. Hamsta

According to Banasy the current EPA was put in place by Bush so all acts of extortion are Bush's fault.

December 27, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hamsta.
      I never said that.
      I said that most of the EPA regulations have been in place for decades.
      Do try and stop focusing on everything banasy, would you?

Sid:
      Thank you.

December 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

And I specified that it was new regulations made by the Obama administration labeling rainwater as a pollutant so they could confiscate people's property to provide drainage for an airport and a highway. In the real world we call that extortion and this article makes it quite clear that any regulations made in the past 4 years are owned by the Obama administration.

December 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Yes, you did specify that, and now I am asking you to provide a link to an article that specifies what the EPA, and Obama, said concretely about all rain water everywhere.
      Thank you in advance.

December 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hamsta.
      I never claimed to be perfect.
      You made the clain.
      The burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence to back up your claim.
      I will not do your homework for you.
      Also, look up eminent domain, while you're at it.
      It has been done for hundreds of years, and people are compensated for their property.
      I am not saying it's completely right, but a lot of our nation's infastructure would not be here without eminent domain.
      And please refrain from the insults.
      I am trying to talk to you as two intelligent people should.
      As an amusing aside, the EPA was created by Nixon.

December 27, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And, just so you know, the EPA is profibited by law to make any changes to any of the core acts, such as the Clean Water Act, so I am unsure where you are getting your informatuon.

December 27, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Obama has not passed any regulations concerning water.
      Go to the EPA website.

December 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

water pollution and land pollution are different things

December 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

It states that rainwater is polluting the land. It has nothing to do with the clran water act.

December 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

What states that, Hamsta??
      "I read it somewhere" is not tangible evidence.

December 27, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ok, I found an article that, as I expected, was about stormwater runoff in the State of Virginia; is that what you are talking about, Hamsta?
      As I expected, the filings were in accordance with the CLEAN WATER ACT.

December 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • oorganically

Actually, it was Nixon, a Republican, who created the USEPA in 1970.

December 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Sid:
    I have no CNN connections.
    I get deleted, also.

December 27, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hide Behind

First off if the EPA ship is sailing at all it is off into the sunset and racing a handbasket on its way to you know where.
    All the greenies projects the epa supported are economic disasters that contunue to cost both taxpayer dollars and all contine to dagrade the environment.
    The talk of government over regulation is mostly pure BS spouted by either corporate mouthpieces or dumb as rocks job scared employees.
    The EPA propaganda is of perceptions of accomplishments used to hide their lack of any meaningfull accomplishments.
    The job of EPA was to place themselves between buisness and the populace direct action groupings, thereby those supposedly being protected find court remedies so tied up by groups having to wrangle harder with those who are supposed to protect the environment than with the polluters themselves.
    OVER 100 million dollars of EPA money went to groups or even individuals by grants that did nothing but fund "studies" that had no or miniscule value to overall environmental concerns.
    IT is an industry where our greenies go to school and learn ways to suck on public teats for large partof their inomes.
    Why shpuld anyone care about who sits being wined and dined at head of Agency. It is a political appointment and effeciency is in how the offices are run, who gets biggest pieces of money pie and what propahgandist is best at hiding what is no more than a place for mentally neutered parrots to perch at.

December 27, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

There is no such thing as green energy, every alternative they have come up with so far is even more destructive than coal and oil. But chicken little (Obama) has squandered away more than a half a trillion dollars(yes Banasy a half a trillion. Solyndra wasn't the only or even the biggest one) on his special interest pet projects.

December 27, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hamsta, your focus on me is starting to creep me out.
      Please stop it.

December 27, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • oorganically

I am guessing that you are a climate change denier, too.

December 27, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

He gotta a crush on you @ banasy? Lol sorry couldnt resist!

December 27, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hamsta

I don't focus on you banasy, you just can't get right.

December 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

You haven't proven anything, I promise that if you talk to the homeowners there they will tell you what really happened. You know qhy I have no sympathy for clinton and her bump on her head? Because I was shown no sympathy about my 47 broken bones including a fractured skull when I was interrogated about kelvin. Trust me that tjey weren't gentle abput it. Clinton should be treated worse, her failure resulted on the deaths of 4 Americans.

December 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I have proven that Obama passed no such thing.
      I told YOU that Mrs. Clinton took ownsership of Benghazi.
      I would like to see someone else take ownership of all the civilian and soldier deaths caused by one man.
      Hint: it isn't Obama.
      I am sure if Hilary knew about your broken bones, she would have sent a card.
      That, however, isn't a really good reason for lack of empathy, as she neither broke your bones nor caused the Kelvin saga.
      But, whatever.

December 27, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

That one man isn't Bush either, it is Osama Bin Laden, and his people let it hsappen, could have stopped it, chose not, and should be held responsible just as the Germans were. Do you see Nazis anywhere? For real swastika wearing nazis? And why exactly do you think we can't get rid of muslim terrorists? Did we allow hindu temples at pearl harbor? No but liberals like you want to let the muslims turn ground zero into the dome of the rock.

December 27, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Pepperpot

This is a diverse country, with diverse beliefs, with many houses of worship.
      This country was founded by people who came from elsewhere, and populated by people who came from elsewhere.
      There is no official religion in the United States; this is why one will see mosques, temples, and synagogues amid the churches with steeples.
      If one doesn't like it, they are free to move to the country of their choice, perhaps one where their world view is more in tune with one's own.

Have a Happy New Year, Hamsta.

December 27, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hamsta.
      Is that why Bush and Cheney have international warrants out for their arrests, and been convicted in another court on crimes against humanity?

December 27, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hide Behind

There is a real need in US for both state and federal Environment Protection agencys and there were almost was some years ago before they became no more than pawns for political and financial interest.

December 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. s kel

hamsta is a typical hating lier,why even answer him or it or whatever it is.

December 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. s kel

Ron paul hamsta, I see ignorance runs in famlies in LA that indulges in incest.

December 28, 2012 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |