December 27th, 2012

Obama, Senate back in Washington as fiscal cliff deadline looms

Let the endgames begin.

After a Christmas holiday, President Barack Obama returned to Washington from Hawaii and the U.S. Senate reconvened Thursday as the deadline approached for going over the fiscal cliff of automatic tax hikes and spending cuts.

However, the House remained on Christmas break, with members warned they could be called back on 48 hours' notice if needed.

Hopes for a so-called grand bargain that would address the nation's chronic federal deficits and debt appeared dashed for now, with four days remaining to reach agreement on a smaller plan that would avoid the harshest effects of the fiscal cliff's tax increases and slashed spending.

With House Republicans unable to resolve the impasse, the focus shifted to the Democratic majority in the Senate to come up with a way forward that could pass the House and get signed into law by Obama.

Geithner: U.S. to hit debt ceiling Dec. 31

Consumer confidence dips on cliff fears

Will fiscal cliff hurt economy?

FULL STORY
  1. the prophet

@saywhat we should include all employment that is Governative down to the community level, you will see in 5 years results that can surprise even the most skeptical economist. My plan works down to details, after-all is the Government spending that got us in trouble. contact me anytime to formulate a spending protocol plan designed to restore America growth and people confidence in saving money into capital investments, turning middle class into millionaire, and millionaires into billionaires and so on.

December 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chrissy

Big fat furry deal @ hamsta, what about the other 364 days! I do that twice a week, EVERY week and many times in between!

December 27, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

On any given day I am under a neighbors' car , cutting the old ladies grass down the street, coaching kids baseball, watching a neighbors animals, giving the girl down the street a ride and alot of other things I don't get paid to do. That's the power of Jesus, trust in him and he will make things happen. The point was that the 1%ers do alot more than that and if you aren't doing the same you have no right to complain.

December 27, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Just to let you know I didn't pay for that food either. I put a donation sign on my door and said a prayer. I even fixed a flat tire for one of the people donating. I live check to check just like you do and can barely feed myself but Jesus fed 86 homeless people last night with just a little of my time.

December 27, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lol @ lm, i really hate pizza so thats obviously not me.

December 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

And another thing @ hamsta, why did you only feed athiests???

December 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

Only 6 of the 86 that I fed were atheists, but I had to let them know I didn't pay for the food, I said a prayer and Jesus made it happen.

December 27, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

ONLY athiests hamsta?

December 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

This is not about pizza, Jesus, and Boy Scouts.
    What's going on psychologically here is something else.
    I'm not getting into it.

December 27, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. chrissy

Oh yup and i believe all of that cuz youre rarely blogging! Uhuh!

December 27, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

What you can't use a phone and cook at the same time? Well I know what's wrong with your car, there is a short circuit between the driver's seat and the steering wheel like maybe you need a processor uprade in your head. Or is that you have one of those crappy Iphones that cost twice as much as an android and only does half the cool things an android can do. When I. Work a36 or 48 hour shift in the crane sometimes blogging is the only thing that keeps me awake.

December 27, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hamsta

Thank you Mary, most people just call me a hateful religous bigot.

December 27, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Mrs. Pepperpot

Assuming one believes in the Lifeline program in the first place, and remembering that the FCC has mandated the program, it only makes sense to expand the phone assistance program to include cell phones. So, in 2008 the first application of this program for mobile phones began when a company called Tracfone started their Safelink Wireless service in Tennessee.
    Aha, some say, that’s the same year Obama was elected! Well, that’s true. But the service in Tennessee was launched three months prior to Obama being elected. And that means the discussion and approval of the extension of the program occurred under President Bush’s watch.

The Bush Phone, anyone?

December 27, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

Tracphone was a crappy prepaid phone that you, the consumer had to pay for until 2010.

December 27, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bad Ronald

Please do a little research, Hamsta. Tracphone is who provided those phones starting in 2008. Reading your posts, I know you hate being wrong, but since you claim to know all about the "Obamaohone", you should know about this. Look up free government phone.

December 28, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

You know you are truly the most obnoxious piece of crap! And no when i work i am doing a job for the person that pays me and they arent paying me to play on the phone or computor! And i dont believe you run a crane and blog cuz that would pretty dayum stupid and hazzardous to those around you. Are you that stupid?

December 27, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

Actually I have 15 seconds to 1 minutre after I set that tray down before I pick it up again. Considwring we work some of those boats from start to finish it more dangerous for me to fall asleep. As I said I have an android, everything is voice command and hands free. It also reads to me. I never use the phone when crane is in motion, only when waiting on tray to be loaded or unloaded.

December 27, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Actually im the safest crane operator on the job. If I feel anything is unsafe I will shut the job down. Other crane operators get punished for doing that and have run cranes until the boom falls off because they didn't want to get sent home and have someone else do their job.

December 27, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

DA malfunctioning crane broke 47 bones in my body, they know I don't play, if it isn't safe I won't do it.

December 27, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

DONT BELIEVE YOU! How many laws are you breaking just with a 48 hr shift operating heavy equipment?

December 27, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. chrissy

Just remember big brother might be reading this lol!

December 27, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

that would be the least of the problems big brother has caused me. Unfortunately my job is truly like modern day slavery. But I guess that's what I get for being a high school dropout. Ever heard of the robber barons? They still exist.

December 27, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Hamsta

Thats how we make our money Chrissy, can live on $300 a month? Didn't think so. So you work the boat start to finish and that $300 becomes $1500.

December 27, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. chrissy

Funny earlier it was 48 bones and it was while you were being questioned about kelvin. Funny thing about lies, they have a way of catching up with you!

December 27, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

A fractured skull, two fractured vertebrae a broken hip plus forty plus forty three breaks in my ribs equal 47 would you like to see my medical records? Come visit me, I can get a hold of them.

December 27, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I was recovering from my injury when everything went down with kelvin, you can google kelvin kaigler and you will find I didn't lie, I am the reason they had to use the word street hustler because I dont deal illegal substances.i'm sorry I don't have a perfect life like you do, but you are such a hate filled person that I don't care if you believe me the people that are important to me were there as it all happened.

December 27, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dazzle ©

How did a fiscal cliff blog turn into religion, alleged acts of charity, and pizza? The most charitable people I know don't talk about it, nor do so called religious people. This fiscal cliff is all of our reality.

December 27, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hamsta

Read some of the other threads, this is a mainly liberal blog and I don't like it when people point fingers and call mw names and insult me foe being a conservative christian. For instance the atheists put billboards up everywhere saying "keep the merry" with a picture of santa clause and " dump the myth" with a picture of Jesus while atheists are standing in my line to be fed on christmas day, but somehow i'm the hatwful religous bigot. It's really something how liberals bend over backwards to please antichristian and antiAmerican people while stomping on my knowledge( other people have beliefs, when they meet the grim reaper as I already have then they will know) and calling me a religous bigot.

December 27, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

This is a country that was founded by people from other countries; that tradition is still in place today.
      When one says things like "all muslims need to be wiped from the face of the earth", that is religious bigotry, and the fact that this is a country that has no official religion isn't going to change.
      If one does not want to be labeled a religious bigot, one shouldn't say those things.

@dazzle:
      Yes, the people who do the most need no recognition for it.

December 27, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Actially banasy why don't you quote the whole paragraph. I said "jesus tells me to turn the other cheek but how many cheeks do I have? At what point can I say the muslim religion is intolerant and needs to be wiped off the earth." If you are going to quote me then quote me correctly.

December 28, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Oh, my apologies, Hamsta; I didn't quote the whole sentence.
      Thank you for illustrating my point so magnificently, however.

December 28, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Bad Ronald

Pride, and hate are all over your posts, Hamsta. Jesus is against these things. You are no Christian.

December 28, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Bad Ronald

You are a religious bigot, Hamsta. The sooner you admit that, the better your chances of becoming a True Christian.

December 28, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

You can look back and see that banasy is just stirring drama. Muslims continue to terrorize american citizens and they call me a bigot because I think they should be treated just like my people were. the muslums let it happen, they could have stopped it, they chose not to and should be held responsible just like the germans were. do you see nazis anywhere, actual swastika wearing nazis? Why do you think we can't get rid of muslim terrorism? Did we allow hindu temples at pearl harbor? No but liberals like you want to let muslims turn ground zero into the dome of the rock.

December 28, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

When one says, “jesus tells me to turn the other cheek but how many cheeks do I have? At what point can I say the muslim religion is intolerant and needs to be wiped off the earth.” that is religious bigotry, and the fact that this is a country that has no official religion isn’t going to change.
      If one does not want to be labeled a religious bigot, one shouldn’t say those things.

December 28, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Bad Ronald

I have read all of the blogs, Hamsta, and what I see is someone giving reasoned responses. I notice that you always want to be right, and that is fine, if you are actually right. I see banasy giving correct info. You are enti tled to your opinions, but to give false info and then get mad when someone corrects you isn't very mature.

December 28, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Bad Ronald

Saying things like "You can look back and see that banasy is just stirring drama." is also pointing fingers, and do I understand that because your German relativeswere treated like dirt after the war, you think Muslims should be treated that way in America, too? Also, do you realize that the AB is alive and well? Swastikas are everywhere in this country!

December 28, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |