December 28th, 2012

Friday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

11:30 am ET (est.) - Senate Democrats briefing on fiscal cliff - Sen. Tom Harkin and others will call on Congressional Republicans to help resolve the fiscal cliff crisis at a Capitol Hill briefing.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Budget • Economy • Finance • On CNN.com today • Politics • Taxes
  1. ala granny

Geez, how could you claim this is a conspiracy. It was on the internet. Therefore it must be true.

December 29, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chrissy

Sheesh! Precisely why i will never be a FB user!

December 29, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey chrissy

How are you doing my friend. I want you to do me a favor and please, please take this weather back up there where it belongs. It is dayum cold.

December 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

Lol tell me about it @ bobcat, next week the high here will be 0 degrees! The high today was 2l!

December 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Wow ! I gues I'll quit my griping. You got me beat by many degrees. Those temps you're having now are like the ones the last winter I spent up there. How's your snow situation ?

December 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Now we have about 7 inches only, its just colder than a welldiggers you know what. Lmao! And happy new years to you also dazzle.

December 29, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Yeah, and it's so cold down here, I saw a dog froze to a fire hydrant.

December 29, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

And between you and me im gettin too old for this cold weather! Not that ive ever really been a big fan but lol! I do recall ice fishin in 44 below zero! And you know how people down here dont know how to drive in snow right bobcat? Lol. Its ridiculous. A kid clipped the front end of my truck weds so that was a crappy day.

December 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. dazzle ©

@bobcat my friend, good to see you. Say it isn't so about the dog. Who knows if this will post. I've tried several times but of course was blocked. Chrissy, I'll try this again, my daughters suitcase was over the weight limit and she had to pay. She bought so much, thanks to your shopping recommendations.

December 29, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. dazzle ©

Mine have disappeared into thin air chrissy. I was just trying to get out a hi to you and bobcat/

December 29, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

I know what you mean about age and this cold. We get the wet cold down here and it just soaks into your bones. Nah, I don't miss that. Did your truck take much damage ?

December 29, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. chrissy

Now all my posts are awaiting moderation! Well bobcat i know ur good at riddles see if you can solve this. First clue is 313 in the D.

December 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chrissy

The accident was at 412 mich ave and the only thing that got broke was the blinker cover. Luckily the part only cost 80.37!

December 29, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. chrissy

Ummm @ bobcat did you fall asleep? Got a text from dazzle, she read your posts but hers are blocked.

December 29, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chrissy

Lol @ HB i quite often ask myself that as a matter of fact.

December 29, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Police interview

Ok, Sir. If you will have a seat right there, we'll get started.
    Hmmm. It says here you were seen running away from Sandy Hook Elementary School after you heard someone shooting at children. Is that right?
    "Ken. Is right...Lo. Is right Yes."
    Well, I see nothing wrong with an able-bodied man abandoning children in danger. You are free to go. Wait! Have you been searched for weapons yet?
    "Yes is right. Uzzi no"
    OK, Sir. You are free to go.
    "Cha cha... Shalom."

December 30, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

What a fun little work of fiction.
      Adding that you think the phantom shooter is Jewish is a nice touch.
      Good element to the story. Makes the plot thicken.

December 30, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Sheesh! Again with this stuff?

December 30, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse | Reply