December 28th, 2012

Nelson Mandela back home, playing with grandkids

Former South African President Nelson Mandela, at home after a long hospital stay, is alert and playing with his grandchildren, his granddaughter Zaziwe Manaway told CNN exclusively Friday.

Mandela, who is 95, is aware of social media rumors that he's close to death, Manaway said. "That is absolutely not true. My grandfather is well," she said. "It can be very very hurtful for us to hear these messages out there in the social media that our grandfather is going to go home to die. It is insensitive."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Nelson Mandela • South Africa • World
  1. Philip

See? Banasy? Rather than talking about what everyone else is talking about, you started talking about me! You highlighted a simple quote of ravens, and didn't say a word about the BIG PICTURE! You took one little gnat, and made it your Camel.
    What do you think now that it has been proven that Mrs. Lanza didn't even work at that school? That Lanza himself posted on his FB page that it wasn't him! That it was his brother, and his brother had been killed!
    Do you think it's right for FB to suspend user accounts for posting what they found-out about this "terror attack"? Yes? Sig heil, then. Hail Shickelgrubber. Heil Hitler.

December 29, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I was blocked.
      And I am not focusing on you at all, but when you misquote, I'm going to call you out on it.
      If you don't like it, sorry.
      And my method of doing things is different than yours; I build from the bottom up.
      I did nothing but correct a misquote.
      If you're wrong, I'll correct you, same as I do everyone else here.
      Stop with the victim act.

December 29, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

@ banasy, Out of Curiosity, why doesn't Raven speak for herself here? Why is it you that's bringing the rebuttal and not raven?

December 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Raven no longer wants to come here.
      Also, she has been extremely busy with her extended family.
      If you like, I shall ask her to come here to rebut this herself, but I don't think she will; she doesn't cotton much to TJI anymore.

December 29, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Maybe raven is sick of the crap on here since it never changes. Lol

December 29, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

I am having trouble posting.
    Have a nice evening, all.

December 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

And if you didnt read the headline Philip, the TOPIC is nelson Mandella! So WHO took it off topic? You!

December 29, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mary

I can certainly see why she is less than eager to return. However, unless she refutes this herself, I for one will take it as truth that she in fact said, said statement.
    Btw, stop posting for a minute, I'm trying to post a direct link for you show you don't have to search around on politricks

December 29, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

And you little mister, are correct lmao!

December 29, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

@ banasy, Have a wonderful evening yourself. I did try to no avail to post the direct link of that article.
    @ little mister©, It's more about bringing truth to light than whose right or wrong.

December 29, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ little mister:
    You wrote well in choosing the word "often" (in conflict).
    Have you noticed that sometimes I have disagreed with banasy, and that once I was very misunderstood by chrissy? Have you noticed that many times I have agreed with Philip, and with Mary?
    There is not a personal conflict between us. I certainly have some fixed cognitions in my reasoning that differ from those of Philip and/or Mary.

December 29, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

Having trouble posting. See ya'll tomorrow.

December 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mary

@ Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™, I do remember well a couple of times you had your disagreements with others.
    @ little mister©, Again, there is "three sides" to everything, one being the 'truth' that would be the side I glean to bring to light.

December 29, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. wjmccartan

Its great to hear that Mr. Mendela is out of the hospital and doing well, if I could give him five years of my life to continue to be a beacon of integrity and hope, he'd have it. God Bless Mr. Mandela. Peace.

December 29, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Aww @ Joey, yep i remember that day and am truly sorry! But mostly i will ALWAYS remember the day you became my hero! Do you remember? It still provides me with comic relief to this day remembering it! Lol And ravens comment to that story was priceless!

December 29, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

And the difference little mister, when banasy, Joey or i disagree would be we dont insult each other for disagreeing. And i dont believe i insulted Mary nor she me. Everyone has a right to an opinion its when you have to continuelly have to defend yourself that it becomes tedious and name calling only fuels the frustration. Well unless its a name like cutie patootie huh? Lol

December 29, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Ok guess im blocked now or this new phone is playing tricks on me!

December 29, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |