December 28th, 2012

Russia's Putin signs anti-U.S. adoption bill

President Vladimir Putin signed a controversial measure banning the adoption of Russian children by U.S. families, the Kremlin said Friday.

The action could affect hundreds of American families seeking to adopt. Americans adopted close to 1,000 Russian children last year, according to U.S. State Department figures.

Read more: Russia's lower house approves bill to ban U.S. adoption

FULL STORY

Filed under: World
  1. KwaiChangCain

Ukraine is not Russia. Good luck finding one that doesn't smoke 2 packs of Camels and a liter of Vodka every day.

December 28, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. Portland tony

So maybe you can be adopted by a nice Russian family?

December 28, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Portland tony

This is a bad idea? With so many foster kids right here in America? Disgusting!

December 28, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. Hide Behind

In a nation that is seeing a growing decline in its birthrate while seeing a huge growth in non productive aged population.
    Added to those stats are figures showing that its better trained engineers and those with svientific abilitys are gleeing its borders gor oversras employ it is quite reasonable to dtop the sale of its primarily white to the bone Russian children.
    Economic forecast of nations in years 2045 -2050 show that Russia needs a far higher birth to death replacement rate to have enough within ages of productive useage or become a has been economic and political viable entity.

December 28, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rascal Rabble

i guess russia didn't like american return policy

December 28, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Plenty of children available for adoption right here in the USA.

December 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Ya maybe we should let Russia adopt them, after all the bullwarks and gullags in russia will be better than what we have after Obama finishes fundamentally destroying America.

December 28, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Yawn.

December 28, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • metalhead85

Hey! I voted for President Obama 2X now, and if it were legal for him to run again, I'd vote for him again!!!

December 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Did you say your name was metalhead? You sure it's no crackhead? You have to be smoking boulders to not see that he is destroying America.

December 28, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lol @ Rascal thats what i was thinkin when i read the headline. But hey what would you expect when ppl go to prison there for *hooliganism*? In the US we call that halloween!

December 28, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

And @ Portland Tony.have you ever checked some of these foster homes? Now thats a program that needs some serious rework. Alot of people that are approved to be foster parents shouldnt be allowed to own pets even. Not all but enough that they need to investigate more before allowing them to make it into a bussiness!

December 28, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I'm glad you know that there is a lot of bad foster parents. Google CPS corruption and you won't believe what you read, but I know it to be true because I watched child protection take my friend's child away on trumped up charges only to send his little girl to a foster parent that pimped her out.

December 28, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |

Yes we have heard that story before hamsta. And oh goody we are going to hear it again

December 28, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hamsta

It might have something to do with Jerry Springer, Jersey Shore, Teen Mom and the sasquathes that play in traffic because mommy is to busy with her reality show life. It's a shame when a broke down nation full of bullwarks and guulags see their own environment to be better for their children than the American Dream.

December 28, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Sasquathes?? Wth is that? Or is that a term of endearment for children, like crumb snatchers, rugrats or curtain climbers??

December 28, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Hamsta

No Tony, Russia saw A few episodes of Teen Mom and Jersey Shore and realized the problem wasn't a bad kid but rather.a nation full of pathetic parents.

December 28, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • LizzyV

Yeah, ain't that the sad truth...

December 29, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • crystal

how true...

December 31, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Sasquathes? What is that? Is that your term of endearment for children?

December 28, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Sorry I misspelled sasquatch. I use that description because parents no longer discipline their kids and they run around without any house training inside and outside like wild animals. For instance I had done an oil change on someone's car and stored the oil in a couple gallon jugs under my porch. Next time I go to the parts store I normally turn the oil in for recycling. One of the neighbor's kids poured the oil all over my truck. Now I know kids do mischievious things, but when I catch a child redhanded ( oil all over his shoes ) and bring it to his mom's attention instead of disciplining her sasquatch by making him wash my truck she curses me out, calls me a liar and lets her kid go back to playing in the street. If I had done something like that ( I got into mischief when I was a kid ) my mom would have spanked me, made me wash the man's car every week for an entire summer and send me to my room with no tv, no radio, don't even think about video games for a whole week.

December 28, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Roem

Hamsta, you complain an awful lot, don't you? Jesus loves you, you know.

December 28, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Yea i hear ya! First thing woulda happened to me would be me cuttin the switch from the willow tree, you can get the general idea from there right?

December 28, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Sasquatch is the American Indian word for Bigfoot, also known as Yeti or an abominable snowman in colder climates. Americans call him Bigfoot, but every culture has a different name for their bigfoot.

December 28, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

OMG!! How come you could post that about the foster kid program and ive tried all afternoon and was blocked??

December 28, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I had to post it like a hudred times rewording it each time.

December 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

You know what is wrong with this blog? You can say "slanty eyed people" but you can't say the correct word for "land of the slanty eyed people".

December 28, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Lol @ Metalhead85, me too!

December 28, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |