Twitterverse explodes: Kim Kardashian is pregnant!
Rapper Kayne West announced Kim Kardashian's pregnancy during a concert Sunday in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
December 31st, 2012

Twitterverse explodes: Kim Kardashian is pregnant!

[Update at 11:27 a.m.] Kim Kardashian formally announced the news herself in a post on her website Monday: "It’s true!! Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us. Looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family. Happy New Year!!! Xo"

The Twitterverse exploded early this morning after everyone’s favorite bad boy rapper Kanye West announced that his girlfriend – the famous-for-being-famous Kim Kardashian  – was pregnant.

A spokesman for Kardashian then confirmed the news to CNN, but provided no other detail other than to say that West announced it at a show Sunday in Atlantic City in New Jersey.

The two have been dating for about eight months and have denied pregnancy rumors in the past.

Kardashian, for her part, is still legally married to Kris Humphries  – although she filed for divorce from the NBA player 72 days after tying the knot in October 2011.

Soon after this morning's announcement, Kardashian family members took to Twitter to share the news with the world.

Khloe and Kourtney are Kardashian's sisters, and Kris Jenner is the new grandma-to-be.

Within minutes, the hashtag #Kimye took off on Twitter - as did the inevitable ribbing.

Some poked fun at West's healthy ego, saying Kanye will name his baby "Kanye" - or perhaps "Babye."

Others alluded to West's infamous interruption of singer Taylor Swift's MTV Video Music Awards speech in 2009 when he grabbed her microphone and let loose an outburst on behalf of singer Beyonce Knowles who had lost out in the Best Female Video category to Swift.

"Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time," West said that night.

Judging from the tweets this morning, that incident is still fresh on many minds.

1. Bencal

sad

December 31, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Annie

I hope it is a girl and Kanye will treat her with more respect than he treated Taylor Swift

December 31, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. dsa0224

if something bad happens to kim kardashian and kanye west... it will be a happy joke to me..lol

December 31, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. krj9

Butt will get as big as a house. I mean really, who cares?

December 31, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Rob

Wow. A perfect example of how many americans have no life.

December 31, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. LMAO

Now Kim can collect money from Kanye West for life. Smart move for Kim. Kanye is just another BIG dummy.

December 31, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • DC Don Dada

I second that! –quote fron Kanye West - "I ain't sayin she's a GOLD-DIGGER, but she ain't messin' with no broke ni**gga."

December 31, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. The Grinch

Why do you all care? You all need to get a life. She is a talentless nobody whose wealth position was created by people who should focus more on getting a job than her trainwreck family.

December 31, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michael J.

Yet, you take the time and effort to comment. Moron.

December 31, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tyrone

So there will be a kid in prison with a large butt in about 17 years. Noted.

December 31, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. rla

Bet all those interested in this voted Obama!

December 31, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. DC Don Dada

The only MARRIED sister is the only one that can't get pregnant... while the other two rich-for-nothing meat purses are happy to spit out celebutant brood totally out of wedlock (well kinda for Kim – she is MARRIED... just not to the baby's dad). Setting a great example of high standards for today's youth. I'm rooting for the tall broad and Lamar – at least they are trying to be committed in a real marriage before becoming parents

December 31, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. trav

All I can say is gross. I feel sorry for the baby for having to grow up with that.

December 31, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Cindy Carhartt

I'm sure glad I did not eat breakfast this morning or it would be on my desk!!! Who cares about KK and K!!!!!!! We have more important items in the news!!!!!

December 31, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. King

18 years, 18 years and on the 18th birthday found out it wasn't his
    Now I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but......

December 31, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Hide Behind

I cannot throw stone,
    To each their own
    That pigs breed is known

December 31, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. I'm a doosh too!!

Congrats Kim and Kanye!! You are going to be the best parents! Oh!! I can't wait to see the baby!! Please put out as many pics that you can!! Oh my gosh!! OHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! My!!!

December 31, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply