Outcry over a request for permission to sue the state of Connecticut for millions of dollars in the aftermath of the Newtown shooting prompted a New Haven attorney to at least temporarily withdraw his client's petition, the attorney said Tuesday.
"I was getting hundreds of (Facebook) comments" about the potential lawsuit. "So I figured I'd take (the request) off the table for now," said Irving Pinsky, who represents the parents of a 6-year-old survivor of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook elementary school.
Last week, Pinsky said in his filing that the state had failed to protect his client from what he described as "foreseeable harm."
The girl, identified only as Jill Doe, was at the school and apparently heard everything from gunfire to screaming over the intercom, Pinsky wrote in his Thursday letter to the state claims commissioner.FULL STORY