Obama's re-election is made official
Vice President Joe Biden read the results during a joint legislative session on Friday afternoon in Washington.
January 4th, 2013

Obama's re-election is made official

Remember that presidential election we had two months ago? The electoral college has followed through.

Lawmakers on Friday counted the electoral college's votes on Friday, and the results were as expected: 332 votes for Obama and his running mate, Vice President Joe Biden; and 206 votes for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and his running mate, U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.

Biden, in his role as the Senate's president, read the results of the electoral college's votes actually taken in December, more than a month after Election Day in a joint legislative session in the U.S. House.

While Obama awaits his January 21 inauguration, he'll be making new picks for his cabinet. High-profile vacancies are expected to include secretary of state, secretary of defense and treasury secretary.

Big cabinet decisions loom as Obama vacations

Obama’s cabinet: Who’s in, who’s out?

Obama, GOP lay out hard lines for tough talks ahead

1. banasy©

I suppose it had to be made official...
    I would have read the votes for the President in a loud, booming voice, and the ones for Gov. Romney is a voice that sounded like I was inhaling helium, lol.
    But that's my sense of humor...

January 4, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

And a fine sense of humor it is. I really don't remember, but has it ever taken this long before ?

January 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I don't know...it didn't seem this long when GWB won in 2000.

Justeye:
      Yeah, that's how many people thought in the election I just mentioned above...when GWB lost the popular vote.
      President Obama won both.

January 4, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

No. No, I don't think so...

January 4, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. justeye

Do you need any more proof our votes don't count?

January 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Yep...that's how people felt in 2000 when Bush lost the popular vote but won the Electoral.

January 4, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Was that the year of the hanging chads ? And if I remember correctly, the vote cards with the pregnant punches were aborted because they couldn't tell the intent.

January 4, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Yeah, that was the year of the hanging chads.
      Florida, again.

January 4, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

I still say Boehner is Ted Baxter reincarnated. I still would prefer Ted tho.

January 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Roflmao @ Mary, yup now that you mention it!

January 4, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Well if this doesnt speak volumes on the work ethics of congress nothing does! Taking this long to count Electoral votes, sheesh! They musta been short some finger and toes to count with!

January 4, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hamsta

Congrads on re electing the antichrist. I hope everyone is happy now that they will be taxed more while being payed less. What a shame only welfare recipients will see any benefit. You know what the problem is with this redistribution of wealth crap is? Everyone else loses threefold. It's not enough that shaquita doesn't pay any taxes at all, but now they want to tax the rich which means you get paid less and it doesn't end there, because now your taxes are going up, it gets worse still because if you don't buy this expensive government mandated health insurance they tax you even more. But I guess that's all Bush's fault right?

January 4, 2013 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Hamsta

Obamanomics: what do you mean we are broke? The summer of recovery was last year. What do you mean I have work to do? Okay, after I take a million dollar vacation with your money. Re hat do you mean I can't tax the rich? Someone has to pay shaquita's rent, light bill, groceries and phone while her sasquatches play in traffic. what do you mean I can't expand the welfare entitlements? I can't ask these leeches to get a job. So what if Hillaries failure on the job cost 4 American lives? She can't testify because she bumped her head. So what if the GSA had a million dollar party? Bling Bling now you can pay more taxes.

January 4, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

Hamsta you LOST! Your ravings show what a moronic loner you sound like! You are nothing more than a source of RIGHT WING HUMOR for the people in this country! Keep on ranting and keep drinking swamp water.

January 4, 2013 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

There lies your fountain of your version of the truth lies in the dirty swamp water you been intaking. Drink pure democratic water, lol it will set you free!

January 4, 2013 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Shaquita and her sasquatch kids?
      Oh, Hamsta, I didn't think you could sink any lower.
      Do you seek to deliberately defame whole groups of people?

January 5, 2013 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

The only *welfare recipients* that will see any benefits are those *high end welfare recipients* in Congress Hamsta! And that has always been the way!

January 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I was late from lunch the other day because Verizon set up a tent in Subway's parking lot to pass out "Obama" phones. You should've seen the leeches fighting with each other over the next spot in line.

January 5, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I lie all the time .. its because I have all my hood money I don't pay taxes on but I don't want people to know so I pretend I hate the prez. I robbed subway.

January 5, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hamsta

You never cease to crack me up with your constant references to the antichrist being President Obama. What is it that makes you feel that way ? Have you any knowledge of what the antichrist is supposed to be able to do, and if so, how in the world do you see this in the president ?
    I'm not being facetious, as I do know the answer. I'm just asking if you do.

January 4, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I have tried to reply to your question twice, as well as twice with my reply to chrissy but it won't post. I guess they would rather you drink from their fountain of propoganda than from the fountain of truth.

January 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

Yeah hamsta I saw the bottled version of your "fountain" water . The experation date on it was dated: NOVEMBER 7TH, 2012! Hummmm the next day OUR PRESIDENT OBAMA WAS REELECTED!

January 5, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

translation of my post: I drink at the fountain of Beck so I have no reply til I watch his latest show.

January 5, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Lol @ Hamsta, and MAYBE your version of the truth IS this propoganda you always allude too!

January 4, 2013 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I'm still trying to find the propaganda too. And the truth ? We obviously can't handle the truth. Whatever that truth may be.

January 4, 2013 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Roflmao! What a fantabulous idea for a new business @ s kel! Just think how many unemployed people you could put to work producing *bottled Democratic water!*

January 4, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Oh and you could even employ hamsta since hes so up in arms over his healthcare costs. Maybe as chief *taster* or something along that line.

January 5, 2013 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

Will president Obama be swearing an oath on God's word the bible on Jan. 21? (Or does his original oath to God still stand)

January 5, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

Science proved the earth is about 4.5 billion years old. This conflicts with many religionists who teach God made everything in a few days. So...
    ...where's the scientific research vs. hell? Why does hell remain unchallenged by the scientific community? They attack everything else. Sheesh.

January 5, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

What we have here are rich people (welfare recipients are among the richest 1/3 of people on earth) thinking they are poor, and poor people...people who are deep, deep, deep in debt...thinking they are rich!

January 5, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Thats a lie. Im on welfare and I aint rich.

January 5, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Nice try troll, but maybe you will get your wish after Obamacare goes into effect considering that is the very reason I am losing my healthcare benefits next year leaving me t( sacrifice rent and grocery money to make up the difference.

January 5, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |