White House to some members of Congress: Expect Hagel nomination
Chuck Hagel represented Nebraska in the U.S. Senate from 1997 until January 3, 2009, when he retired.
January 4th, 2013

White House to some members of Congress: Expect Hagel nomination

A Republican and former U.S. Senator from Nebraska is expected to be nominated for secretary of defense, sources tell CNN.

The White House has told some senior members of Congress to expect President Obama to nominate Chuck Hagel as defense secretary, according to a knowledgeable source. Another source with knowledge of the nomination called it "locked down."

The timing is uncertain, but other sources have told CNN it could come early next week.

FULL STORY
  1. saywhat

good morning @Philip and fellow bloggers.
    Don't call the world cruel my friend, it has always been those who think they own it & lord over it.

January 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

There is a war looming over Hagel's nomination. Let us see if Pr.obama is able to withstand pressure from our Supreme Leader from beyond our borders & his minions on our land.

January 6, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

We have been missing @Bobcat on the blog. Hope he is well.

January 6, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Lol @ Joey, apple pie is good if its homeade. Those frozen things, not so much! :p lol. Hello @ saywhat and bobcat.

January 6, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Stuart, I'll play a palindrome game with you. Evil spelling backwards is live. That's the way I live my life without fear.

January 6, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Lol @ Joey, you ARENT missing out anything by not eating them.

January 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dazzle ©

@JIF and @chrissy, maybe apple pie is going to replace pepperoni pizza in 2013. I wish that troll would disappear.

January 6, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Lol @ dazzle it sure beats the previous one though.

January 6, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

I think it's pronounces with a long A.
    I also think that no matter how much one wants to cry foul at their first amendment rights are being violated, as a wise person pointed out, CNN is under no obligation to publish anything, as frustrating as it might be; I don't think there is any conspiracy against the regular posters.

January 6, 2013 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

"Here Lies One Whose Name Was Writ in Water"
    –John Keats
    Keats wouldn't try to post here.

January 6, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

You mean when it was called "chat"? But then again those werent newsites.

January 6, 2013 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ Philip:
    I was having a good time with it.
    However, know that very few clues get by here.
    Write tightly.
    @ banasy:
    I remember that note on publication obligation. I think that was also "writ in water."

January 6, 2013 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Oh Philip, REALLY? As if that notion didnt swing both ways huh? Lol. Im sure in your world MEN are superior but then reality hits and things are not the way you wish them to be.

January 6, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

I'm just telling you what went down. Had a bunch of gay men decended on us, I would be reporting that instead. Get real already.
    The end result was, Cyberworld now more accurately reflected the image of a post-se xual revolution America.

January 6, 2013 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Remind me, how did you meet your agapé again?
      I realize she is not married, but my goodness, how one acts so self-righteous, when in fact they act in the same manner.
      Ludicrous.

January 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

My observation was that *hitting on you* thing worked both ways. Men, and yep many of them married, hit on women just as much, if not more. Your outlook may be a little tarnished because you dont have much respect for women in general and im not saying you are right or wrong because i dont know what those feelings are based on. Ive had those same feelings about your species a time or two myself. 😐

January 6, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |