Judge to rule on whether theater shooting suspect should stand trial
January 9th, 2013

Judge to rule on whether theater shooting suspect should stand trial

The judge overseeing the case against Colorado movie theater shooting suspect James Holmes will rule Friday whether the state has presented sufficient evidence to proceed to trial.

The preliminary hearing for Holmes ended Wednesday after three days of testimony by police. "He didn't care who he killed," prosecutor Karen Pearson told the judge. "He intended to kill them all."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Justice
  1. fernace

I can only guess this is a formality that must be adhered to in order to keep everything legal! After all, we know this is the shooter, who acted alone! There is no doubt!!

January 9, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. geremi

i wonder how many people he will kill again if released.

January 9, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy©

This man has Charlie Manson eyes.
    I agree, fernace, he acted alone.

January 9, 2013 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

Not according to some people.

January 9, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. dazzle ©

This is the face of a psychopath. @banasy, you are correct about his eyes. Note there is no white space between his eye balls and the white of his lower eyes. Death to this SOB is the only answer no matter is there is a "mental defect."

January 9, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. banasy©

@Rawr:
    Shhh. That'll bring out the ones who will capitalize on other people's pain to push their own sick agendas.

@dazzle:
    Since Colorado doesn't have a DP, he won't get that, but those rabid eyes certainly are frightening.
    When I see them on people, I steer clear.

January 9, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. dazzle ©

@banasy, we can only hope his fellow inmates will take care of this matter a la a Dahmer. I avoid those eyes too.

January 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • s kel

dazzle as they said in the "60s" right on dazzle!

January 9, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey banasy
    Hey dazzle

How are two of my favorites doing tonight ? I know banasy, it wa a little slip of the tongue.

dazzle, I saw where you tried to respond to me the other day, and I did likewise, but CNN is just not being cooperative.

January 9, 2013 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

A big hello to you @bobcat. Things are good here and with you sir? It's aggravating when you try to put out a simple post to a friend and they delete it. At least you saw that I tried to respond.

January 9, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Oh, I'm generally groovy, thanks for asking.
      How are you and Mrs. Rawr?

January 9, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

I'm doing well myself and am glad to hear you are the same. These boards have been wild lately. I can't figure the reason they won't even let us say hello.

January 9, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

hey bobcat ( in a cat)

January 9, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey banasy

Me and and the femme fatale feline are do very well thank you. Looks like we have to hunker down again. We've got some bad storms headed our way again. But our claws are sharp, so we'll get a grip on something.

January 9, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey s kel

How are you doing my friend. We haven't talked in a while.

January 9, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@skel, lol and I'm told we are close to being neighbors. A big hello to you too!

January 9, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. condor

Oh! Hi guys, isn't it fun to chat on this public forum. We are sooo cool and very intelligent too.

January 9, 2013 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

It being a public forum and all, we're allowed.
      So sorry you have no one that wants to say hello to you.
      Quit impersonating people, and that might change.

January 9, 2013 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. joanne

I think some weapons should be legal in some places in North Carolina

January 9, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Portland tony

The dude isn't a criminal because of his eyes or looks...If that's the case, half of Congress would be locked up. He's demented for sure...Insane maybe ...Either way he'll not be seeing daylight again ...at least in his lifetime.

January 9, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Lol@PT, agree with the Congress analogy; that being said, there is a lot that can be gleaned about one's mental stability from their eyes.
      It isn't merely an opinion on my part; trained psychiatrists and psychologists know this.

January 9, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lolo

Personally, I think he's trying to appear crazy as he knows that's his only hope of being freed one day.
    In many states, if you are judged insane, the state can only hold you until you are judged sane by the doctor. Since they were "insane" at the time of their crime, they aren't responsible and therefore cannot be punished. The best the judge can do is remand them to treatment.
    Murderers have walked in a couple yrs because they are judged sane when properly medicated and as they were never found guilty, cannot be kept once stabilized.
    He's evil, demented, and generally screwed up, but not insane. The level of planning shows he is sane.
    I sincerely hope he is NOT judged insane so that he spends the rest of his life in prison.

January 10, 2013 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. me

One of the police officers guns should have accidently gone off on the way to the station and saved the state some money.

January 10, 2013 at 1:18 am | Report abuse | Reply