Report: Armstrong tried to donate $250,000 to anti-doping agency
January 9th, 2013

Report: Armstrong tried to donate $250,000 to anti-doping agency

A Lance Armstrong representative tried to make a donation of about $250,000 to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency before the agency launched the investigation that led to the cyclist being stripped of his Tour de France titles, the chief of the USADA told "60 Minutes Sports."

"I was stunned," Travis Tygart, the head of the anti-doping agency told "60 Minutes Sports" about the alleged 2004 offer. "It was a clear conflict of interest for USADA. We had no hesitation in rejecting that offer."

Armstrong or his representatives could not be reached for comment. Annie Skinner, a spokeswoman for the USADA, told CNN that Tygart's quotes, released by "60 Minutes Sports," were accurate.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Sports • U.S.
  1. THE BROWN NOTE

I knew it all along.

January 9, 2013 at 9:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. banasy©

It has been a few months since Lance has been in the news, hasn't it?
    Next up: Zimmerman.

January 9, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

And the show begins in 5 4 3 2 1

January 9, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

You called it, Rawr.

January 9, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

For years after learning Lancelot Armstrong was a doper, I endured friends and family who adored him and wouldn't listen to my "bee ess".
    I hate to say that I told you so is a lie. I LOVE saying I told you so, especually @you democrats who jumped on Bush's "Iraqis have 9/11 WMD" War Wagon. What a bunch of turncoats you were.

January 9, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Philip

Yeah, @Banasy. And after that, maybe we'll get around to finding out who those other 2 men were that police chased from Sandy Hook elementary school and arrested. (and then let go before even telling us they had arrested anyone!)

January 9, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Scottish Mama had you pegged correctly, Schadenfreude boy.

January 9, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |