January 11th, 2013

Friday's live events

President Obama will be sworn in for a second term in office on Monday, January 21.  Watch CNN.com Live for all your inauguration coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

10:00 am ET - NASA satellite briefing - Hear from NASA officials about this month's launch of the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-K.

11:30 am ET - CDC flu briefing - Officials are calling the current nationwide flu outbreak as an epidemic.  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will update the public on the flu outbreak.

1:15 pm ET - Obama, Karzai briefing - How long will the United States have a military presence in Afghanistan?  That's just one of the questions President Obama and Afghan leader Hamid Karzai will likely address when they brief reporters in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Health • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Leon

Good morning jethro bob and bopsi. I'm so bored. I have nothing better to do. Have a blissful day

January 11, 2013 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Lmao @ Hamsta, and congratulations to you also for your persistance no matter how futile it is!

January 11, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Hello chrissy. Now I know why I don't post on here anymore, it takes 20 times till 1 thought gets posted.

January 11, 2013 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Scottish Mama

ID's for guns at gun shows. They will not post this.

January 11, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. Scottish Mama

Hello Hamsta. If republicans want ID's for voting why not for guns?

January 11, 2013 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scottish Mama

ID's at gun shows.

January 11, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Lol agreed at Scottish Mama!And why hasnt that been a normal requirement all along?

January 11, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

hello chrissy. I have posted on your posts several times and none were posted. I remember the last time I was on now. SSDD. Cnn would not post my posts and I just left. I think I was replying to philip. Frustrating. Yeah.

January 11, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

A woman was trying hard to get the catsup to come out of the bottle. During her struggle the phone rang so she asked her four-year-old daughter to answer the phone. "It's the minister, Mommy," the child said to her mother. Then she added, "Mommy can't come to the phone right now. She's hitting the bottle."

January 11, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

A family of three tomatoes were walking downtown one day when the little baby tomato started lagging behind. The big father tomato walks back to the baby tomato, stomps on her, squashing her into a red paste, and says, "Ketchup!"

January 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Henry Ford dies and goes to heaven.

At the gates, Saint Peter tells Ford, "Well, you’ve been such a good guy and your invention of the car changed the world. As a reward, you can hang out with anyone you want in heaven."

So Henry Ford thinks about it and says, "I want to hang out with Adam, the first man."

So the guy at the gates points Adam out to Ford.

When Ford gets to Adam, Ford asks, "Hey aren’t you the inventor of woman?"

Adam says, "Yes."

"Well," says Ford, "You have some major design flaws in your invention:
    1) There is too much front end protusion
    2) It chatters at high speeds
    3) The rear end wobbles too much
    4) and the intake is too close to the exhaust."

"Hmmmmm.." says Adam, "hold on".

So Adam goes to the celestial computer, types in a few keystrokes, and waits for the results.

The computer prints out a slip of paper and Adam reads it.

He then says to Ford, "It may be that my invention is flawed, but according to the stellar computer, more men are riding my invention than yours."

January 11, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

Good mornin folks. And good ones @bobcat.
    Hey@Hamsta. Unless we hear from you & warnings about the 'Antichrist' how would we be reminded of the End. Thanks

January 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. saywhat

Karzai our dearly planted, would never want us out of Afghanistan despite his public posturing. Why would he want protectors of his cartel out?

January 11, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |