Miss New York crowned Miss America
Mallory Hytes Hagan of New York was crowned Miss America 2013.
January 13th, 2013

Miss New York crowned Miss America

Mallory Hytes Hagan of New York was selected as Miss American on Saturday in Las Vegas.

Hagan, a student at The Fashion institute of Technology, won a $50,000 scholarship. In the talent portion of the contest, she performed a tap dance.

Ali Rogers of South Carolina was selected first runner-up.

See: Historic Miss America photos

Filed under: Entertainment • U.S.
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

Good morning chrissy
    I doing well thank you. How about yourself ? Well, I see we're getting our daily dose of babble. Kind of reminds me of the story of the tower babble in the bible where everyones language was changed and they couldn't understand what was being said by each other. ( and before you all get started on me, I do know it is spelled Babel. This was used as an illustration of some of the rants on here, Thank you veddy much.)

January 13, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Ah bon? Which French restaurant?

January 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(iah) hello to you my friend. I can only imagine, I'm sure one was preaching and I'm glad I missed it. We are freezing cold here but thankfully we have heat and hot water. How are you this evening?

January 13, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I'm doing pretty good dazzle. We are in the mid 70's down here and walking around in shorts and t-shirts.

January 13, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

I'm glad my friend bobcat (iah). Right now I'm bundled up with a bunch of layers. These bones of mine are not used to the cold but they have to adjust.

January 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@jif, good night and the trolls never listen to me so I hope you have some clout.

January 13, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lol yea bobcat, you just new the spelling police were gonna come out of the woodwork didnt ya? Lmao anyway i dont claim to be perfect and i sure as heck dont claim to KNOW everything like foolio.

January 13, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

Lmao @ qqqqqjim, i know right? People who cant sing shouldnt give it a go on TV huh? And he WAS terrible made me wanta puke too. Lol

January 13, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. diane

congrats Miss NY..and when Miss California was asked about euthanasia..her reply was: "thats a vaccination right?" geesh

January 13, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. chelley

Inquiring minds want to know what you ate.

January 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Denise

I never felt that urge to puke when Bert Parks sang "There she is..." What I found "pukeworthy" was the song itself.. with all its phony tremolos. But most people loved it ... after all, it "sold." I rather enjoyed it because my kids made fun of it.

January 13, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. dazzle ©

Good evening @chrissy. bobcat(iah), and @jif my fellow New Yorker, as to the topic of this thread, count me in to the who cares club.I must have missed the babble and I thank God for that.

January 13, 2013 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello dazzle

How are you my friend ? The babble you missed was just that. The same-o, same-o

January 13, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Hi, @ dazzle. You missed the Pageant fun and some trolls.

January 13, 2013 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ bobcat, @ chrissy, @ anybody else who was really here tonight:
      I'm going to sleep now. Early day tomorrow.

January 13, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

@jif, if we can only get rid of the trolls. They used to be amusing but now it appears as if it's a bunch of uneducated children.

January 13, 2013 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ dazzle: I told the trolls not to come back tomorrow. They always do what I tell them to do, so that problem is solved.

January 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dazzle ©

@little mister, if you are yawning already you should go to bed.

January 13, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chrissy

Sorry i missed you again dazzle but bobcat was right you really didnt miss nothing here.

January 14, 2013 at 1:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. CharlesWayne

she got elected just because she answered the question – to some people or the judges thinking – right, Its not a right or wrong answer.
    Fighting violence with violence? Putting armed security guards in school does not mean fighting violence with violence, stupid! Its a deterrent measure!!! We are not waging a war against random school shooting!!!
    It will definitely prevent random shootings by insane kids or adults. Deterrent measure, you understand?
    We have nuclear weapons but they will never be used but only for preventing from hostile people using them.
    In this country, gun control will never be effective, so the only way to prevent such random shootings is to implement deterrent measures to prevent them.

January 15, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply