Miss New York crowned Miss America
Mallory Hytes Hagan of New York was crowned Miss America 2013.
January 13th, 2013

Miss New York crowned Miss America

Mallory Hytes Hagan of New York was selected as Miss American on Saturday in Las Vegas.

Hagan, a student at The Fashion institute of Technology, won a $50,000 scholarship. In the talent portion of the contest, she performed a tap dance.

Ali Rogers of South Carolina was selected first runner-up.

See: Historic Miss America photos

Filed under: Entertainment • U.S.
  1. Reallynow

They don't even make fun of hell on TV news. They make fun of people who beg for a living, but not the stupid idea that somehwere "out there", billions of people are being charbroiled in hell.
    88% of US believers are stupid idiots.

January 13, 2013 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. War Veteran poser

Viet Nam War Vet. Homeless. Please give. God bless. ( aka under threat of hellfire)

January 13, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. question

This burning hellfire wolfgod of yours. Where is he right now?

January 13, 2013 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gondor

Here I am! I am Gondor the wolfgod of hell, at your service. How may I assist you.

January 13, 2013 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. question

Ummm, yeah. Like, where are you right now @Gondor.

January 13, 2013 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. Gondor

Well, right now i'm in, uh...hell. I'm being roated alive myself i suppose. Huh. I'll be darned.
    and STILL 88% of US adults believe in hell. Holy maneuer.

January 13, 2013 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. micro neo zealot

u make fun of are hell

January 13, 2013 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. hawkechik

A tap dance. Boy, that'll get you far in life.

January 13, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Top

ooh, the pus sy parade, how sweet. And women still ask why they are objectified. Duh.

January 13, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Good grief @ Philip, kinda nervy for YOU to accuse anyone else o "barging into a room with their mouth flappin" doncha think you rude dog?

January 13, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Sunday is the sabath day NOT a day to get piggy drunk and try to preach nonsence to the rest of the world philip.

January 13, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Quid Malmborg in Plano TX

"sabath" "nonsence"

IGNORANCE

January 13, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • hannah

What are you even talking about? This is an article on Miss America you IQ-noramis!

January 13, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • hannah

PS: FYI : SATURDAY is the SABBATH for many of us. (If you can't spell it, please do not discuss it).

January 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • macholara

Actually, if you want to be correct, Sabbath is sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.

January 13, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • LH

We have not watched the show in over 10 years. The same states always win so why bother tuning in. If other states actual won, then that would be news. Try banning lipo, a the massive makeup and false everything added to their body and real the beauty of a real female would be the winner. My boys think Kate Middleton is gorgeous with or without makeup-now she is real beauty.

January 13, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

jews do not have a monopoly on sabbath...christians have sabbath ...where one partakes of day of rest. it is the first day of the week...it is sunday...it celebrated as resurrection of christ...guess secularist/atheist first day is workday monday...lol

January 13, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

and hannah since you are the self-appointed world religion expert, I hope you know christianity is a jewish religion...

January 13, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marlin

Actually the sabbath day is Friday at sundown to Saturday at sundown.

January 13, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rob

Who cares? Did anyone even know this was happening. Miss America – what a stupid concept.

January 13, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Portland tony

It's harmless, fun and puts a lot of technicians to work. Is that a problem?

January 13, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • You

...jealous our just mad that your boyfriend didn't win??????

January 13, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • qqqqqjim

It has been the same since the days of Bert Parks. I can still see him singing 'Miss America' and wanting to puke!

January 13, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Lol @ kenny rogers, im sure you know that i dont care right? Been there before as a matter of fact and really could care less what that drunk thinks of me!

January 13, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

A man wrote a letter to the IRS: “I have been unable to sleep knowing that I have cheated on my income tax. I understated my taxable income and have enclosed a check for $200.00. If I still can’t sleep, I will send the rest.”

January 13, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Good morning @ bobcat how are things?

January 13, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |