January 15th, 2013

Court rules British Christian has right to wear cross at work

A British Christian woman suffered religious discrimination when British Airways told her not to wear a visible cross over her uniform, a top European court ruled Tuesday.

However, three other British Christians lost related religious discrimination claims at the European Court of Human Rights.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Christian • Courts • Justice • Religion • United Kingdom
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

I have always enjoyed British Airways service very much, but I'd prefer not to see a cross or any other religious symbol as part of a uniform.
    They are not nuns.

January 15, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chrissy

Aww Joey is that REALLY posting that? Where is your tolerance to others gone?

January 15, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. chrissy

Really you i mean. That makes no sense at all, its a necklace for petes sakes and shouldnt matter one iota as long as she does her job.

January 15, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. saywhat

My comments were deleted.
    Good evening @chrissy &@ JI-F
    It stands to reason that if 'hijab' can be banned so can be a cross at work places.

January 15, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ chrissy & @ saywhat:
      Good evening.
      If it's just a necklace, perhaps British Airways could arrange for her to wear the Koh-i-Noor Diamond.
      That, I'd like to see.

January 15, 2013 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

mine as well. Selection...you know.

January 23, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

All right, but the first time I see a stewardess wearing a cross on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner, I'm going to think that she knows something I don't, and I'm going back into the terminal to change my flight.

January 16, 2013 at 12:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. chrissy

Well in that case you would probably be right then. She would know something you dont! Sheesh!

January 16, 2013 at 7:16 am | Report abuse | Reply