January 15th, 2013

Tuesday's live events

President Obama will be sworn in for a second term in office on Monday, January 21.  Watch CNN.com Live for all your inauguration coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

10:00 am ET - House lawmakers read Constitution - Two years ago, House lawmakers from both sides of the aisle came together to read the U.S. Constitution aloud for the first time in the House chamber.  Today, lawmakers will do so again.

4:00 pm ET - Gun policy recommendations briefing - A two-day gun policy summit in Baltimore, Maryland, concludes with the release of recommendations on U.S. gun policy to the public.

Time TBA - Sandy relief aid vote - House lawmakers are expected to vote today on the remaining $51 billion of aid intended for victims of Superstorm Sandy.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Congress • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. CK

"Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit." Obama then went on to say it would be unamerican to raise the debt limit. What a flippin jerk considering its approaching a whopping $20 trillion

– Then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in a March 16, 2006 floor speech explaining his decision to oppose a request to increase the federal debt limit, then set at $8.2 trillion.

January 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kelly

CK no one here has the ballz to make a comment about your post above because they can't deny what a liar this thief in office is

January 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ Kelly:
      I think that nobody made a comment about CK's post because nobody cared about what CK said.

January 15, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

two cannibals meet one day. The first cannibal says, "You know, I just can't seem to get a tender Missionary. I've baked them, I've roasted them, I've stewed them, I've barbecued them, I've tried every sort of marinade. I just cannot seem to get them tender." The second cannibal asks, "What kind of Missionary do you use?" The other replied, "You know, the ones that hang out at that place at the bend of the river. They have those brown cloaks with a rope around the waist and they're sort of bald on top with a funny ring of hair on their heads."

"Ah, ha!" the second cannibal replies. "No wonder ... those are friars!"

January 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Chrissy

@ Plz, YOU dont even know banasy nor anything about her so keep your nasty opinions about her to yourself. She has more compassion in her little finger than you will ever hope to have in a lifetime! And she is POSITIVELY the best friend anyone could have in a lifetime. Youre just mad cuz she outted you on your jacker ways.

January 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Chrissy

Good morning @ bobcat, and ewww to that joke lol.

January 15, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Good morning Chrissy

How are you today ? I didn't know for sure if that was you or not. When did you switch to the big C ?

January 15, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Plz

more negativity Chrissy? You must be banasys best friend. Thanks for proving my point. Why don't you make yourself useful and try to disprove CKs post? Go ahead I dare ya. BTW CK your post was spot on. Thank you for the insight

January 15, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

How To Tell The Weather

Go to your back door and look for the dog.

If the dog is at the door and he is wet, it's probably raining. But if the dog is standing there really soaking wet, it is probably raining really hard.

If the dog's fur looks like it's been rubbed the wrong way, it's probably windy.

If the dog has snow on his back, it's probably snowing.

Of course, to be able to tell the weather like this, you have to leave the dog outside all the time, especially if you expect bad weather.

Sincerely,

The CAT

January 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

One day, Eve was walking in the garden with the Lord. She said, "Lord, the garden is wonderful, and the animals and birds provide such joy, but I am still lonely sometimes."

"No problem!" the Lord replied. "I will make you a man for a companion. He will desire to please you and to be with you. But I have to warn you, he won't be perfect. He'll have a difficult time understanding your feelings, will tend to think only of himself, and will stay out late with his bowling buddies."

"What's bowling?" Eve asked.

"Oh... never mind. I was just getting ahead of myself, sorry."

"That's OK. I think I can handle this 'man'," Eve replied.

"Great, I'll get right to it!" God said, and started grabbing some mud and shaping it.

Suddenly, the Lord stopped and said to Eve, "Oh, there's one other thing about this man I'm making for you."

"What's that?" asked Eve.

"You'll have to tell him he was here first."

January 15, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

One day the zoo-keeper noticed that the monkey was reading two books – the Bible and Darwin's The Origin of Species. In surprise he asked the ape, "Why are you reading both those books"?

"Well," said the monkey, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

January 15, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, its this damn new phone. I didnt even notice til Joey pointed it out and no matter how many times i change it as soon as i hit submit comment it does that.As for CKs post @ Plz: the debt ceiling has to be raised in order to pay the debts off that were incurred by former POTUS Bush. The ones he didnt reveal to the American public. You know those from the 2 wars he got us into and the FREE money he gave to the banks. He at least is being responsible which is more than can be said about your boy george. Have a nice day Jeffrey.

January 15, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Chrissy

NOT ME @ 1:19, that would be the dbag jacker above.

January 15, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Chrissy

Lol @ Kelly, guess i DO have balls as you say cuz I DID comment on his post or cant you read??

January 15, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. saywhat

good morning folks. And thanks as always @bobcat.

Chuck Schumer has decided to back Chuck Hagel's nomination as SDef. This comes as a surprise as the Israeli lobby is waging a war against Hagel.

January 15, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. saywhat

Budget debates traditionally are always political.
    The debt ceiling now is at a whopping 14.5 trillion and has to be raised to enable US to pay its bills already approved by the Congress not for more spending.
    Unfortunately reducing the deficit has been focused on spending and not on tax breaks ( no fault of Obama's).

January 15, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. saywhat

POTUS, a liar & a thief @Kelly?
    Well did Pr.Obama deny having made that speech? And what from that 14.5 trillion dollars which he racked up all by himself (lol) did he actually transfer to his off shore accounts, you must have the details (lol) ?

January 15, 2013 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. chrissy

Lol good afternoon @ saywhat. Some people are very hard headed in their hatred aint they? Lmao.

January 15, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply