'Dear Abby' founder dies at 94
Pauline Phillips, right, and daughter Jeanne Phillips are honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in February 2001.
January 17th, 2013

'Dear Abby' founder dies at 94

Pauline Phillips, better known to millions of newspaper readers for decades as the Dear Abby advice columnist, has died after a long battle with Alzheimer's Disease, her family said Thursday.

She died Wednesday in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at age 94.

Phillips, who wrote under the name of Abigail Van Buren, was the twin sister of Esther Pauline Lederer, also known as the advice columnist Ann Landers. Lederer died in June 2002 at the age of 83.

In 2001, Phillips acknowledged that her daughter Jeanne Phillips co-wrote the "Dear Abby" column with her. Jeanne Phillips took the column over in August 2002, when the family announced that her mother had Alzheimer's.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Obituary
  1. Mary

And so what I wanted to post doesn't go thru, but this will ...

January 17, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chrissy

Where is that *gag order* when its truly needed? YUK @ little mister!

January 17, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy©

Somebody is delusional again.
    Have fun with you imaginary 3 way, you sick git.

January 17, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. banasy©

Such a pity you'll never know; your blow up doll cannot talk.

January 17, 2013 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. BjBlogsIt

I read her in high school. U saved some what I call famous articles if hers "resting in peace "

January 18, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. backlink

You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I discover this matter to become really something which I think I would never understand. It appears as well complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your subsequent post, I'll attempt to get the hang of it! backlink http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply