'Deeply flawed' Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs
Oprah Winfrey speaks with Lance Armstrong about the controversy surrounding his cycling career on Monday in Austin, Texas.
January 17th, 2013

'Deeply flawed' Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs

Calling himself "deeply flawed," now-disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong says he used an array of performance enhancing drugs to win seven Tour de France titles followed by years of often angry denials.

"This is too late, it's too late for probably most people. And that's my fault," he said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey that was aired Thursday night. "(This was) one big lie, that I repeated a lot of times."

Armstrong admitted using testosterone and human growth hormone, as well as EPO a hormone naturally produced by human kidneys to stimulate red blood cell production, which increases the amount of oxygen that can be delivered to muscles, improving recovery and endurance.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Cycling • Lance Armstrong • Sports
  1. Debunked

Olease provide credible evidence that this is what is intended for. Give me specific language. Provide me with the actual evidence that what he has signed is specificall for trying to wipe out street gangs, and the exact methodology that it will be implemented. You are just talking what you wish it shall be used for.

January 18, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Debunked

Why would you glorify this type of violence? Seek some help. These fantasies cannot be healthy to ponder.

January 18, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Debunked

Not so much of a quandry. The cat's jokes are new. Your stuff is tired, old, and most of all, patently untrue.

January 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. dazzle ©

Hey bobcat(iah) and banasy, good to see you both. I'm sure it will shortly start vomiting all over the blogs. On to a road trip to visit an old friend but I might be around later.

January 18, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

All right dazzle. You be careful out on the road. Bunch of crazies out there.

January 18, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. clearmind

Hello all! If anyone runs across @banasy and @joey please tell them I hope they are doing great I am doing great, life is good. Thanks

January 18, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. trinity

this man is unbelievable .... pride cometh before a fall ..... hopefully he will find out he is not untouchable. who are our children supposed to look up to? at least until we parents stop be idiots! haha

January 18, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. chrissy

Well i for one LOVE me some bobcat jokes! Proving as always @ bobcat that HUMOR IS THE BEST MEDICINE! Thank you for taking the time to medicate us with your funnies!

January 18, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Awww chrissy
      You know you are one of my favorites here and if I'm able to put a smile on yours and the rest of my friends faces, then bedamned evrything else. You guys are what counts.

January 18, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lanky ho

A communist, a Muslim, and a illegal alien walk into a bar. The bartender say "hello Mr. President".

January 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, im pretty sure the chronic complainer is bedamned already so you just keep on keepin on my darling! Even on the worst days if i only get to see but one of your jokes im smiling! ;)

January 19, 2013 at 2:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Cindy

Armstorng needs to return all of his medals, he won whild dropping, and move on with his life. Surely there is something else he can do.

January 22, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply