'Deeply flawed' Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs
Oprah Winfrey speaks with Lance Armstrong about the controversy surrounding his cycling career on Monday in Austin, Texas.
January 17th, 2013

'Deeply flawed' Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs

Calling himself "deeply flawed," now-disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong says he used an array of performance enhancing drugs to win seven Tour de France titles followed by years of often angry denials.

"This is too late, it's too late for probably most people. And that's my fault," he said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey that was aired Thursday night. "(This was) one big lie, that I repeated a lot of times."

Armstrong admitted using testosterone and human growth hormone, as well as EPO a hormone naturally produced by human kidneys to stimulate red blood cell production, which increases the amount of oxygen that can be delivered to muscles, improving recovery and endurance.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Cycling • Lance Armstrong • Sports
  1. USA Bob

Tune in next week, when Pete Rose admits to betting on baseball games, OJ admits to killing his ex, and Santa Claus admits there is no Santa Claus. Hard hitting, groundbreaking reporting by Queen O.

January 17, 2013 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chrissy

This story is getting really old already! And honestly who cares.

January 17, 2013 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ chrissy is right: who cares?
      I don't care.
      What does this guy want? To sell a book about juice? To try to win again without drugs? Even greater adulation for honesty?
      Using whatever drugs can be obtained is as common in sports as overly sweet and salty food in USA cuisine.

January 18, 2013 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ chrissy: I agree with you.

January 18, 2013 at 6:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Legalize dope

Armstrong alone no-doubt spent millions of dollars on dope. And I highly doubt he wrote checks or charged dope purchases to his credit card.
    No matter who is paying for illegal dope being used among todays professional athletes, it represents billions of dollars that could be taxed if dope sales to pro athletes were to be legalized as other drugs have been, albeit by presciption only in most cases.

January 18, 2013 at 6:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

A blond was rollerblading with her headphones on. she stopped in the hair salon and asked for a hair cut. she instructed that the hair stylist could not take off the headphones.

the stylist replied "no" so the blond left. she went to a different hair salon and said the same thing. the stylist replied "ok".

after a while, the blond fell asleep in the chair. the stylist took off the headphones and the blonde died on the spot. confused at what happened, the stylist put on the headphones. they were saying, "breath in, breath out"

January 18, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

A farmer and his wife went to a fair. The farmer was fascinated by the airplanes and asked a pilot how much a ride would cost.
    "$10 for 3 minutes," replied the pilot.

"That's too much," said the farmer.

The pilot thought for a second and then said, "I'll make you a deal. If you and your wife ride for 3 minutes without uttering a sound, the ride will be free. But if you make a sound, you'll have to pay $10."

The farmer and his wife agreed and went for a wild ride. After they landed, the pilot said to the farmer, "I want to congratulate you for not making a sound. You are a brave man."

"Maybe so," said the farmer, "But I gotta tell ya, I almost screamed when my wife fell out."

January 18, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

A old snake goes to see his Doctor.

"Doc, I need something for my eyes...can't see well these days".
    The Doc fixes him up with a pair of glasses and tells him to return in 2 weeks.

The snake comes back in 2 weeks and tells the doctor he's very depressed.

Doc says, "What's the problem...didn't the glasses help you?"

"The glasses are fine doc, I just discovered I've been living with a water hose the past 2 years!"

January 18, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

Five surgeons are discussing who makes the best patients on the operating table.

The first surgeon says, "I like to see accountants on my operating table, because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered."

The second responds, "Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything inside them is color coded."

The third surgeon says, "No, I really think librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

The fourth surgeon chimes in: "You know, I like construction workers...those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and when the job takes longer than you said it would."

But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed: "You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, and no spine, and the head and butt are interchangeable."

January 18, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Very funny jokes, Rawr!
      The politician rings true...

January 18, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey banasy
      How are you doing my friend ? I haven't been on here lately, but I see I haven't missed anything. Same ole crap as usual.

January 18, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Beavis and Butthead

The economy is America's number one chief concern, a well documented fact.
    Legalizing and taxing dope comsumed by professional athletes would be a windfall for taxpayers, cutting-out the men who are currently profiting from illegal dope sales to pro athletes.

January 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

Yep, Same crappy conspiracy theories that might as well have been copy/paste because they never change philp. he he

January 18, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

January 18, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

Your maturity is so underwhelming Philip.

January 18, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. dazzle ©

Now my day is complete a trio of jokes from our very own @bobcat(in a hat). Hope you are off to start a good weekend. @Philip, you need to grow up.

January 18, 2013 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello dazzle

It's really good to see you. Decent start to the weekend so far. How about yourself ? I don't know what that dudes problem is. If you've noticed, he's the only one saying anything on this. I guess he just likes to see himself talk.

January 18, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hey, dazzle and Rawr.
      Some things never change.
      I find change is good; another reason why I am not here as much.
      Has anyone seen Bombo lately?
      In any case, have a great evening, both of you.

January 18, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy
      I still read these posts from time to time but the at itudes of some posters is just not worth saying anything. Like today, first time in days, I come on here and immediately get assaulted. Maybe on day he realize the folly of his ways. But that I highly doubt.
      And as far as Bombo, It's been a good while since I've him and a lot others too. Probably they have the same reasoning as the rest of us.
      But in any case, you have a good evening and weekend as well. Later.

January 18, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Debunked

This is Emilie's sister, and to continue to lie about it only shows that you will stoop to anything to try and fit a conspiracy theory into reality, however impossible that is.

January 18, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Debunked

Pleaserovide credible evidence that this is specifically what it is intended for, and not to satisfy your strange fantasy. You can't. You are a proven liar.

January 18, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply