Gov. Christie calls NRA ad 'reprehensible'
January 17th, 2013

Gov. Christie calls NRA ad 'reprehensible'

Republican Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey skewered the National Rifle Association Thursday for referencing the president's children in a political attack commercial.

Speaking in a press conference, the outspoken governor decried the move as "reprehensible" and argued the group lost some credibility by making the ad.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Chris Christie • Gun Control • Politics
  1. saywhat

"Disarming American population", 'Attack on the second amendment" etc propagandist nonsense & outcry fanned by the problem itself NRA.

January 18, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

reflecting sadly on the state of this nation, it took massacre of children, though innocent lives were being sacrificed on the altar of our craziness on a scarily repeated basis – in gun violence, to wake up.

January 18, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lovegays

that is what I said to many earlier on facebook. Why did it take kids to get killed for Americans to be so upset when these incidents happened twice before this year and then we had VT ..... This whole guns and its my right so I want to have what I want isnt working. You can have a gun sure, but pass the mental health checks and background checks and better regulated registry. it wont solve the whole problem but it is a start that is better than doing nothing or adding more guns in schools by arming teachers!!

January 19, 2013 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

Reflecting sadly on the state of this nation, it took massacre of children for us to wake up & face our madness.

January 18, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

Hope Pr.Obama stands unwavering in his resolve. Those opposing him in Congress and society are the threat.

January 18, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Emperor Palpatine said the same thing. My favorite line from that movie is " So that's how democracy dies, with thunderous applause." because it makes me think of idiots like you.

January 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

If you believe the official Sandy Hook story, then you understand why it is that men on meds should never be allowed to legally own a gun, and why no child on meds should have access to a gun kept by his parents in the home.

January 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

Catch 22. No matter hwat you believe...the official story says men and boys on meds are the mass murderers, while the evidence shows it all to be a distration from President Obama signing something Bush wouldn:t...the US Congress National Defense Authorisation Act into law, authorizing US troops to kill susoected gang banger terrorusts on US soil just as suspected terrorists are killed by US TROOPS w/YOUR approval in foreign lands.

January 18, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherries

Please provide evidence that this is the intended use of the President's signature. Otherwise, you are just projecting.

January 19, 2013 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. trinity

I agree something happened to Christie! It is incredible to see the turn around, incredible. This man seems to be the most leveled headed of them all. He seemed to be able to be truly bi-partisan. I think the Obama charisma and Christie being able to hang out with the "cool guy at school" has overtaken his sensibility. I hear nothing of the man I admired. He has become a "stepford" Obamaphile. When the "kool-aid" is gone, eyes will opened. Only a few in Washington are worth their pay. Like The Godfather .... it keeps sucking back ....

January 18, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Your post seems conflicting to me...are you praising or condeming Christie for being truly bi-partisan?

January 19, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

I say US FORCES first march on the number one home of organized gangsters in the world: Chicago

January 18, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherries

And I say you should be locked away in a padded cell for the United State's protection.

January 19, 2013 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

*Presidents. (plural)
    We will have a future president who is a man or woman of science. One who will NOT base US foreign policy on the religuous theory that Israelis are somehow "gods" chosen nation, and that "hell" is a place where American citizens feel being burned alive forever. (yes, tthere are those who still believe in this conspiracy theory)

January 18, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Colorado Springs sounds like a better place to start than Chicago!

January 19, 2013 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Cherries

Chrissy: is that where "Philip" lives? Sounds about right.

January 19, 2013 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

@ Cherries yes it is. Its also where he sees *manmade flying saucers* shoot outta the mountains so i say drone the hell outta that place! Lol

January 19, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  12. kuenda

It shouldn't be necessary to establish this, but I feel that it is: I am a liberal Democrat, and heartily support gun control. I find it incredibly difficult to get any traction in a conversation with gun lobbyists given the bizarre reporting on Sandy Hook. I understand that reporting is plagued with obstacles (I work in media), but having just reviewed CNN footage of SWAT storming Sandy Hook–and finding without question the footage is actually of St. Rose of Lima school–I don't have any leg to stand on at the moment when debating with my pro-gun colleagues. I come from a military family, with many gun enthusiasts. It will not be "truthers" that sink gun control, but whoever is trying so desperately to co-opt the story to gun control's advantage that they are willing to twist facts along the way, thwarting any possible progress, in my opinion.

January 21, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Cindy

This person need to drop a few pounds.

January 22, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Barry from Wisconsin

I like this guy….even if he is a Republican!

February 6, 2013 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |