February 1st, 2013

Manti Te'o hoaxer's voice said to match recordings

The voice on telephone messages left for Manti Te'o matches that of the 22-year-old man who says he posed as a woman in carrying on a relationship - by e-mail and over the phone - with the Notre Dame linebacker, according to the "Dr. Phil" show.

"They all say, with scientific certainty, that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is the female voice in those recordings," host Phil McGraw said, citing conclusions by forensic voice analysts with three independent contractors.

That conclusion supports Tuiasosopo's assertion that, posing as a woman, he was involved in a relationship with Te'o, who had not known that his love interest was a man.

Te'o rose to prominence while leading Notre Dame's Fighting Irish to an undefeated regular season. This year's Heisman Trophy runner-up, he told interviewers in September and October that his grandmother and girlfriend, whom he described as a 22-year-old Stanford University student, had died within hours of each other.

FULL STORY

Filed under: College football • Hoax • Manti T'eo • Sports
  1. chrissy

That has to be absolutely mortifying for Te'o and shame on the media for the continual sensualizing of his embarressment! This isnt the "national Enquirerer" and they shouldnt act as if they are! Shame on you CNN!

February 1, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. chrissy

Correction *sensationalizing* is what i meant to say.

February 1, 2013 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Hey, chrissy...yeah; those words mean two completely different things...
      They really should let this die a natural death. Enough, already.

February 1, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

As usual, I'm being bocked. CNN: your blogs are goibg downhill quickly.

February 1, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. chrissy

Yep @ banasy, they have definitely sunk to a new low havent they? I remember not so long ago they were MY most trusted news source but lately im finding Yahoo seems to be more appropriate! Lol Whodathunkit eh?

February 1, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I'm glad to hear someone else goes to yahoo other than myself. The only thing about that site is the number of Fox News worshippers. I thought I saw a lot of conspiracy theories here, well okay, I have. But here it is mainly one person. Over on Yahoo it looks like a convention.

February 1, 2013 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I haven't trusted CNN in a while now.
      They give me no reason to.

February 1, 2013 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Rawr, I have news for you...the King of Conspiracies is on there, too.

February 2, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

Ack ! Being blocked again.
    How are you doing my friends ? Yahoo is a place I visit also. The only thing on there is, the majority seems like Fox News advocates. You think anti Obama and conspiracy theories are bad here ? This ain't got nothing on Yahoo. I've had quit a few "spirited" discussions over there.
    Oh, and they posted the rest of nthe jokes that got blocked earlier on Fridays Live Events.

February 1, 2013 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

chrissy and banasy

I also meant to comment about you two being sick. I know that's been a nasty bug and I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry for not commenting earlier.

February 1, 2013 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • banasy©

Lol...you don't need to comment, dear man; it's not like our being sick during flu season is national news...but thank you.

February 2, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

chrissy and banasy

I also meant to comment about you two being sick. I know that's been very bad and I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry for not commenting earlier.

February 1, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, i dont comment on yahoo but i do read the articles. And ty for asking, im feeling better tonite. Oh and btw i left you another joke on the embassy in turkey thread.

February 1, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Scottish Mama

I second the motion – I hope you are feeling better banasy, it will make you weak for weeks, 3 for me, but I was realllly down for 5 days in dec.
    chrissy – I did not know you were ill, hope you get your feeling better soon. When I was sick I just was hoping someone would notice and bring me water, thank goodness for children.lol

February 1, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. chrissy

Lol good thing for kids huh?

February 1, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scottish Mama

chrissy I even had one bring me chicken soup, sleep was my friend.

February 1, 2013 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scottish Mama

@chrissy-Yahoo is where I went to blog about the election. I had fun. They can get pretty mean on there.

February 1, 2013 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Scottish Mama

I have not been blocked tonight, for a change. Do you think it might have to do with the tweet thing and maybe being compromised more than CNN knows?

February 1, 2013 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Scottish Mama

Good night everyone, wishing you all better health, take a shot of whiskey, my grandfather always said it would put hair on your chest. Not a deterant for me.

February 2, 2013 at 12:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. chrissy

Lol @ Mama, i think the blocking thing has more to do with our neighborhood jacker than anything else to be honest. And ill pass on the whiskey thanks lol. You have a good night as well.

February 2, 2013 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply